New Fish.

Franky

i bought a fish at nnnn and it cost $24 and i dont kno wat kind of fish it is. it looks like a ryukin but with head groth but only a little.im so confused. the sign only said fancy goldfish!pleaz help me! :(

ow yeah idk how to put pics up or else i would show you a pic.

Edited by Franky

Just press 'IMG code' below the image. That will copy the link code of that image. Then just do 'paste' in post's text box and that's that. When you commit the post, the link will be replaced by the image in question.

Well, it does look like a ryukin body, but if it has a wen (headgrowth), and it sort of looks like it does, it very well could be a ryukiran, which is a hybrid of a ryukin and an oranda.

Well, it does look like a ryukin body, but if it has a wen (headgrowth), and it sort of looks like it does, it very well could be a ryukiran, which is a hybrid of a ryukin and an oranda.

Ryukiran?? :blink: While there are ryukin & oranda cross, but never heard of that "Ryukiran" term before. Don't you go inventing random names to confuse us all, lynda :D

Franky, your fish is an Oranda, no ifs or buts about it :) . If a fancy (double-tailed) goldfish has a wen and possesses the full complement of fins (the dorsal fin is present) regardless of body conformation, then that fish is classified as Oranda.

Edited by d_golem

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xcoasty

hi there i am a newbie and these are my 1st two goldies

2740292790_ca72a8f7fd_s.jpg

Chucky is on top and spotty is on the bottom

i assume that they are the same breed and they are probably fantails but that is such a generic term

can anyone tell me more about their breed

Hi xcoasty, :welcome

Could you perhaps post a larger version of that picture? It's rather difficult to make out the details in this one. And if you can, make a new topic, just for your fish. That way they can get the attention they deserve :D .

Guest xcoasty

hi there, these are my first goldies and i dont know what they are other than to call them fantails or fancy, but both of those terms are so generic - any thoughts?

2741538347_8fda597bc2_m.jpg

And if you can, make a new topic, just for your fish. That way they can get the attention they deserve :D .

Yeah you should open up a new thread (still in this what breed am I? section) that way your fish will get more views!!

It's hard to tell.. They look like they might have signs of a small wen, so they could be orandas.. I think someone else can better help you decide.