!0 Gallon Planted Tanks

Hidr

Well I finally shut down the 20. It was sort of a catch all done with soil and gravel. In the past year the plants were slowly dying off and it just looked so messy.

I moved the 5 WMCM and my one female betta into the 10. Tad over stocked but I well watch it close and it is easy to do water changes on if I need to do extra. I also put the 20 gallon filter on it so it has extra filtration.

The Eco complete looks like a lot but the bag said 1 to 2 pounds so I put in the whole 20 pounds and it also says in time the fine stuff well sift to the bottom.

The plant in the bowl well be moved to my 75 gallon after it gets going good it is an amazon and well outgrow that tank. I have some large river rocks I can use to stop the goldfish from digging it up. Or at least that is the plan.

I also hope to add some more plants to this one something small but that well outgrow the algae.

I also am using the light from the 20 so that gives it 1.5 watts of light and I use excel for the carbon source.

1stday.jpg

Now this one is not a planned set up. lol Just threw in the plants that were in the bowls with the Betta's when I moved them and the rocks that were in those bowls. Surprisingly to me the plants have done pretty good. I also have an amazon sword that I hope to jump start in this tank and move later.

This tank only has 1 watts per gallon and light use of the excel.

It looks messy but not a lot of algae and the plants have done really well and the Betta's have grown a lot in here.

Dividedtank.jpg

I have a ten gallon lightly planted tank and I'm hoping to add a few more. I've noticed my amazon sword plant is starting to get some brown spots. I'm pretty new to plants so all I know how to do is to cute off the brown spots. Hopefully, it will survive. Thanks for the ideas.

I have some but they are all attached to a piece of wood and I just moved them out of my 30 into my 75 with the goldfish. I may get some for the 10 with eco complete when I move the sword out. But it wont be ready to move in with goldfish till it is a lot bigger.

• Admin

Your going to move the Sword to the goldfish tank?

Oh I wouldnt do that hun, I did that once and the Sword was gone in 2 days and it was a big plant :o

Hmm well It cant stay in the 10 and I have two in the 30 already. lol hmmm They are the big ones that get up to 18 inches tall.