I Think I Killed My Anubias

Quasi

During today's w/c the gravel vacuum slipped from my hands and hit the Anubias. This resulted in severing the leaves of most of the roots. :( That plant has survived my goldies almost 6 months and I think I might have finished it. :wall I took the reamins out, this gives me some loose leaves, several loose roots and 2 leaves still conected to one small root. So I cleaned out the pot it was in and put the 'remains' with some chance of survival back in the pot. I turned the tanklights on and gave it some 'feeding', and now I'm hoping it will survive :please

On a side note: I've gotten several pounds of 'waterpest' of a colleague. :blink: I asked wether he could miss some pieces and I've gotten enough to turn both my tanks into a green swamp :rofl

Edited by Quasi

Whatever happens to the old Anibias, we'll buy some new ones as well; I thought it would be a good idea to increase our number of plants once we move to our own place...

I've found Anubias to be quite hardy. Mines grown back from being eaten, some tears and from being pushed into dark corners by the goldies. Suddenly I'll see new green leaves where the previous day there hadnt been any. Yours will grow again I think as long as theres some root and stem.