New Tank!

Today I bought my first brand new tank. I am so happy! No scratches! So clean and clear!

Pics!

In the car!

Picture270.jpg

On the stand!

Picture272.jpg

It is 248 liters, 65 gallon.

Can't wait to see how it turns out once it's decorated!! I'm sure it will look great!!!

It must be kinda neat to get to put the pond fish in a tank for the winter and get to watch them. Ponds are sooo beautiful but it seems nice to get a chance to really watch the fish and enjoy them in a tank for a few months as well.

New tank! New tank! :D

Like Chrissy said, there's nothing like a brand-spanking-new aquarium! They're unscratched, no water drips, no algae.... Yay! :thumb:

I would advice you not using that stand. It can cause problems with it hanging off the edge like that.

Gratz on your first brand new tank.

I would advice you not using that stand. It can cause problems with it hanging off the edge like that.

Gratz on your first brand new tank.

Well my other tank, 260 liters, is also hanging like that, and I was worried about it. But it has worked fine so far, and right now I don't have anything else.

great looking tank! congrats. the fish should do great in there for the winter. crazy looking outlets in the wall, not used to seeing those at all

are you going to get the tank cycled now or wait till winter?

great looking tank! congrats. the fish should do great in there for the winter. crazy looking outlets in the wall, not used to seeing those at all

Will wait for a while, we are going away for a few days. I am planning to do it next week, I have a cycled filter running in a bucket! I am planning to bring in some fry from the pond, just to check them and feed them a lot. Maybe there are something out there I'd like to keep!

These outlets are from our old factory, they are water and weatherproof! Great to have in a fish room!

Will wait for a while, we are going away for a few days. I am planning to do it next week, I have a cycled filter running in a bucket! I am planning to bring in some fry from the pond, just to check them and feed them a lot. Maybe there are something out there I'd like to keep!

These outlets are from our old factory, they are water and weatherproof! Great to have in a fish room!

If we even built a fish room, that would be useful :D

:Congrats: on the new shiny tank :gcar:

That's what I was going to say the outlets looked like, was outdoor outlets.

And I, as well, also thought that, but I understand needing to make do with what you have.

Congrats on the new tank! :Congrats: YAY! :pianobanana

Well my other tank, 260 liters, is also hanging like that, and I was worried about it. But it has worked fine so far, and right now I don't have anything else.

If you're really worried about it, my brother in law found a cheap solution for my tank and his own. The stands we both had were slightly too small. He bought 3/4 inch thick presswood (I think that's what it's called :P ) and cut it slightly larger than the tank bottoms. Then we stained it to match the stands we had, nailed it on top, set the tanks on it, and we were all set. Total cost was about $20.

If you're really worried about it, my brother in law found a cheap solution for my tank and his own. The stands we both had were slightly too small. He bought 3/4 inch thick presswood (I think that's what it's called :P ) and cut it slightly larger than the tank bottoms. Then we stained it to match the stands we had, nailed it on top, set the tanks on it, and we were all set. Total cost was about $20.

That's a good idea. I wouldn't use presswood though as it can have negative reactions when wet and lose its stability and fall apart. But, 3/4" plywood would work nicely. No harm done in getting plywood wet and plywood is very strong.

congrats on the tank! I also love new tanks!! All 11 of my tanks were brand new :D lol! My new 10 gallon platy tank is still sparkling clean with no algae :D although i doubt my oto catfish is happy about lol, he's always desperately looking for some algae to clean off lol, i think he's bored with algae wafers :) oh well.

That is a beautiful tank!!!! I found one 65 (68?) gallon tank of that configuration - and it is my very favorite. I LOVE IT. Unfortunately, I cannot get another like it, easily. You should REALLY enjoy that one.

As far as the stand - while it is always ideal to have all the four sides completely supported with level solid support, the support bars that are build into the tank - the black frame - are quite solid. Having a board under it (what I do, anyway, for I can wrap it in neat fabric or whatever for a bare bottom) is the next best idea. Make sure the board is large enough that the black frame itself sits on it.

However, having the tank so that the black frame supports the tank - leaving only the very ends hanging out like you have them, IS, engineeringly speaking, acceptable. The frame is supported and will distribute the weight evenly - even on the unsupported ends, to a degree. The larger the tank, the more hazardous this can become, but in general, you should be ok.

The tank is up and running now. Looks like this so far:

Picture337.jpg

Unfortunately I had to bring in one of my pondies, Gullmer. He looked strange, and he has something

at the base of his dorsal fin. Will my fish problem never end... ???

But I don't know if I have introduced my (my sons) new fish? Since we lost Minibus he wanted a new fish,

this time a tiny yellow common. The little one still doesn't have any name, but I call him LilFishy! Soo tiny!

Picture336kopiera.jpg

oooh niiiiice. :D

very pretty tank you have there!

i just LOVE new tanks!

you got it set up quick too!

mine usually sit around forever until they're put into good use.

*sigh* for instance that big one i got at the beginning of summer is still sitting there. :glare:

prolly won't get that set up anytime soon. :(

lilfishy is cute though! :heart

I used water and some gravel from the other tank, and the filter was already cycled. So hopefully I won't get any nitrite spike...

Yes, that LilFish is sooo cute. He is so tiny! I thought Zorro was tiny, but this one isn't half of Zorro! :heart:D