Does Any One Know Where In Orlando Fl I Can Buy A Ranchu Goldfish?

Guest Dragon

I know that you are in Orlando but There is a great place in Homestead, Fl (about 4 hours south of Orlando) But if you really want a Ranchu you won't mind the drive....This is where I buy all of my goldfish from http://www.goldfishandkoiusa.com/ He has great fish and its a really cool place to visit.....

Usually a fish club will charge an admission fee - but they usually are very little. Our club charges 3 dollars. If you join the club, it is free. Most clubs are in approximately the same range.

As far as how much the fish cost - so much depends on what dealers are at the show. I usually have several tanks of fry to give away. There are usually people who have smaller fish for rather cheap - one fellow brings a few hundred Ranchu/Lionhead youngsters (1 inches or so) and sells them for about $5@ at our shows. Some of the dealers in high priced imports can charge up to and beyond $500. @ (and koi go far higher). The wonderful thing is that they will pack the fish for you and you can do the transportation. You can get a GREAT fish that you can pick out personally and not have to pay shipping.

thanks for the info it help alot so now i should wait till october till the show to buy my fish

It sounds as though you are new to goldfish keeping. If so, I would strongly suggest doing a lot of research and reading about goldfish and how to keep them successfully before ever getting any fish. Goldfish are the most difficult fish there is to keep, despite common perception to the contrary. If you are going to spend the time and money traveling to a show and spend good money on some potentially expensive fish, you should be well informed on how to keep them successfully, not only for your fish's sake, but also to make it easier on yourself.

With the show being in October, this will give you plenty of time to do your research and reading and to buy and set up your proper tank size for the amount of fish you want to keep, proper filtration based on the same and get your tank cycling. Two months time will be just about right for a successful cycling of your tank. You should never buy your fish before your water has cycled. See Kokos articles on the Nitrogen Cycle and General Goldfish Care. You also should be preparing to set up a good supply of foods, including medicated food and a "first aid kit" and learn about diseases. You should also prepare a quarantine tank for any new fish you purchase as new fish should not be introduced into a main tank without a minimum of two weeks quarantine first. When a new fish is quarantined, it should always be put into a qt tank with aquarium salt and prazi (praziquantel) to ward off any bacterial infections and/or flukes.

The more time you spend learning, the more successful your endeavors will be.

Good luck, welcome to Kokos and have fun at the show! Oh, and don't be a stranger here because we love new members and to help make goldfish keeping as fun and easy as we can!

Edited by lynda441

Guest coldwaterfish

If you have no luck finding what you need locally then may i suggest this goldfish resource. You can see all the current fancy goldfish for sale from eBay sellers. There are always a lot of choices as there seems to be a healthy market for goldfish auctions.

What a fabulous site! I've looked for live goldfish on ebay before, but somehow, I never got results. And this place is close enough to me that I could go pick it up and save on shipping costs as well as ensuring the fish arrived alive. My only problem is I don't have anymore room! But, in case the tank fairy shows up on my doorstep some day and like, tosses out a piece of furniture and replaces it with a goldfish tank, I'll know where to look.

Don't know where in orlando you are but occasionally Aquaria studio in waterford towers has ranchus, lionheads, and pearlscales. Worth checking to see what they have.

If you have no luck finding what you need locally then may i suggest this goldfish resource. You can see all the current fancy goldfish for sale from eBay sellers. There are always a lot of choices as there seems to be a healthy market for goldfish auctions.

That is a great site! Beautiful fish I can actually afford, now if I only had the space...

Guest Dragon
Don't know where in orlando you are but occasionally Aquaria studio in waterford towers has ranchus, lionheads, and pearlscales. Worth checking to see what they have.

i have no idea where that is can you plz send me an address or some that i can look it up to see where it at??? thanks

Guest Dragon
Do you know where waterford lakes is? Off of Alafaya over by UCF.

really thanks i live like 10 min away man this is gonna be a awsome day to go lookin for fish

thanks so much man

Sure no problem. They might not have any though. They only have them occasionally. And waterford towers is the new part across the street from waterford lakes.

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

I just thought it would be helpful to add that you should call ahead and if they don't have them most places will order them for you.