10 And 30 Gallon Troubles

Guest BettaBlues

Guest BettaBlues

I am finally decided, sort of. :krazy:

For my 10 gallon I want a gourami. I am not sure what kind though. Does anyone know what kinds are nice? I like ones that are a bit flashy like the blue or the paradise. But I have no idea what to get. I would like to have some small school of fish with him, or something of that sort. Let me know what you think!

Also, my 30 gallon. I am planning to restock with an angel fish and some corries and a few schooling fish. What schooling fish would go well in that tank with an angel and corries?

If anyone has a link to a site with a list of tropical fish on it, please let me know, I would love to look at them all and come up with a plan! :yeah:

Hmmmmm...I think most gouramis would need more than 10 gallons, but I'm not sure. You could put a dwarf gourami in there for sure, they come in reds and blues that can be quite flashy :)

Generally any small schooling fish are ok with the dwarfs, I've kept them with tetras and cories before.

I've never kept angel fish but I know they can be agressive and grow quite large. Here are a few links I have that might help

http://www.Not Allowed/

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/

Guest BettaBlues

Thanks so much! Yeah, I am worried about angel nipping other fish. I will probably get a dwarf gourami, I was just looking at them :P It is so hard to decide! I am hopefully going to our LFS soon, and my mom wants a betta, I want a betta for my 5 gallon, and I will get something for my 10 gallon. Then I can look at some fish and write down the names and get back with you guys. I won't stock my 30 gallon for a while, going to have some mainenance done on the upstairs, new carpet and painting and stuff. Then I will get some more fish :)