This Is An Oranda Right?

Guest Oranda's R HxC

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

booboo002.jpg

ohmgahs001.jpg

This is Trinket and I got her a month ago but it seems she still isnt growing a wen yet and doesnt seem to be growing too much, she's taking her time. But instead of me finding out much later that she's not an Oranda can someone tell me now? I know a wen doesn't grow until later but not even a little bit? How old would you guess her to be? She's about 1 1/2-2 inches if that helps.

Edited by Kayla's Goldfish

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

Well, thats a huge dissapointment for me. :unsure: Heres hoping she is an Oranda and that wen will be coming soon.

:please

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

Eughh. :(

I already have a defiant fantail. Don't particularly like 'em.

In comparison though the little blue guy is a lot stockier and chubbier looking and my fantail is longer.

PLEASEE be an Oranda! I'll get better pictures soon because quite frankly those pictures stink.

Eughh. :(

I already have a defiant fantail. Don't particularly like 'em.

In comparison though the little blue guy is a lot stockier and chubbier looking and my fantail is longer.

PLEASEE be an Oranda! I'll get better pictures soon because quite frankly those pictures stink.

It does look a little "streamlined" for an oranda, but then, that could just be the angle of your photos.

It's blue? It definitely has the blue coloring. And it was sold as an oranda? If it's a blue oranda, they seem to have a tendency not to grow wens well, from what I understand. My blue oranda is 3" big and probably 2-3 years old, and that poor guy still has no wen. He just has a bit of a bumpy head, but no real growth that stands up. I've had Blue for over a year now and his wen hasn't grown an iota. I keep begging him to please grow one and he just seems to have absolutely no interest in doing so...

Edited by lynda441

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

Yes, he's blue and was sold as a baby Oranda along with a bunch of red caps who hadnt had wens either yet. I really, really hope he gets that wen. I'll try taking more pictures. Haha, I beg him every night to get big and strong and grow a nice wen. :P Do you have a picture of your Blue baby I can see maybe? That would be very appreciated.

Not the clearest pic, but this is my Blue:

Blue.jpg

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

Thanks that helps some. :] But I still dont know. I guess I will just have to wait and see and HOPE and PRAY to god that my fishy is an Oranda that will grow big and beautiful!

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

I know, well I have a fantail, and I just don't like there body shape. They just are not something that I particularly like the look of, the body shape is like a comet with a split tail. It's not very appealing looking to me, and I know all fish are appealing in their own way, but I just don't favor fantails.

EDIT: Not to menchion at the place I bought him he was 15 dollars but the fantails were 5 dollars so I feel I've wasted money.

Fantails aren't as boring as you think, here's my old fish Harry who was soooooo pretty :heart

And he too started out as a boring looking little dude.

We have 7 common/comets and 1 fantail, and I can assure you, they're anything but boring looking :D .

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

Mmm I'll have to post you guys a picture of my fantail. I mean I love him but thats because of his personality. It would be a miracle if he wounded up loooking that beautiful :]

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

See.. http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2498203770103822969ABeuZS

The orange and black guy (He's losing his black) is my fantail when he loses his black alltogether he's going to look like a common with a second tail.

By the way... Heres more of Trinket:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2158996040103822969LZmHZx

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2586687970103822969ZDhFhY

^ The pattern under her dorsal is very interesting.. Woahh! Weird!

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2406848050103822969oqTZqP

^^ And theres a picture with Lilly the Oranda Trinket the ? and Goldie the fantail.