I'm Back...

pumpkinPatch

Hey all,

Well I've completed my move officially today from Virginia to Washington (car just arrived today, other stuff came 1.5 weeks ago). And guess what, all my fish survived the trip too!! I'm sure my 5 GF and betta are glad to be out of their little stuffy prisons they were in for about 6 days. Hopefully I won't have to put them through that again in their lifetime. I have the GF in my makeshift rubbermaid pond outside, enjoying the sun and fresh washingtonian air.

As for the trip itself, it was fun! 2 of my friends came along with me and luckily we made it through 6 days in a car packed full of stuff. Our first stop was the Mall of America in Minnesota which was cool. Lotsa stores, a mini amusement park, and an aquarium (which I of course had to check out). The aquarium was very nice, the kind that you can stand on a moving walkway through a tunnel and you can just look at the fish swimming all around.

Next stop was Wall Drug in South Dakota which was a neat little town that had some cool shops. We drove through the badlands also and took lots of scenic pictures. We were nervous after a while though coz it seemed endless and we were starting to run low on gas! hehe, we made it through though, and finally arrived at our next destination, MT. Rushmore. Wasn't much to see besides the presidents' heads up on the mountain, but still cool. Didn't stick around for the 4th of July fireworks though, I'd heard that there'd be tons of people and I didn't wanna get stuck there.

Then came the loooong never-ending drive through Montana. Geez, that took so long (in comparison, we were able to drive through about 6 states in one day, while Montana alone took almost a whole day). We finally got to Glacier National Park at around 2:30 am, but not before having another empty gas tank scare, almost hitting/getting hit by 2 deer, and driving on a dark country road up a mountain in the middle of the night. Needless to say we were relieved to finally reach the park and exhausted from having to keep our eyes open for deer and any other wildlife crossing the roads. It was all worth it the next day, when the sun came up and saw the breathtaking views of the mountains and lakes all around.

That was the last big stop before arriving in WA. It was definitely a memorable trip, but not something I'd do again, at least not for a while. Sorry to tease you guys, but I'll have photos to post soon, I'm still waiting to have internet set up at home (I'm at the library right now). But it's good to be back and I have a lot of reading to catch up on here on the forum.

Roadtrips can be fun alright--so many new sights. I always made my bf crazy by telling him to stop and pull over so I can get another picture. Sometimes he was going 80 mph when I saw something I just had to get a pic of!! And talk about long and never ending, try Wyoming or southern Idaho. At least WY had lots of antelope to keep things interesting. ID just had lots of boring.

Anyway, glad you all made it--six days with fish is incredible. You must take good care of them. Washington is real nice--I've been there many, many times since I live in NW Oregon!

Then came the loooong never-ending drive through Montana. Geez, that took so long (in comparison, we were able to drive through about 6 states in one day, while Montana alone took almost a whole day).

Welcome to the West. Land of the big states!

And talk about long and never ending, try Wyoming or southern Idaho.

Try Nothern Nevada..... omg..........

So, what prompted you to move clear across the entire US?

UGH don't remind me of long car trips! I've driven back and forth from PA to New Mexico more times than I want to count!!! Your trip sounds fun, you got to go to new places and make it interesting. But when you've done the same drive over and over, you don't even care anymore. It's really sad when you have favorite hotels in places just from moving back and forth Lol. There's always some weird reason for us to make the trip again. One time Shane got a car while out there. One time flights were sooo expensive that is was way cheaper to drive.. Recently Shane had to make the trip with his sister because she moved out here and she can't drive yet so he had to drive her car.. Back then I didn't have my liscense so Shane had to do all the driving while I relaxed. He was psycho. He would drive like 18 hours a day and all of a sudden we'd be there.. Now that I drive I NEVER want to make the trip again!

Whew, finally have internet at home so now I dont have to suffer browsing the internet on my phone's tiny screen, or driving all the way to the library (hehe I'm so lazy, it's like 6 minutes away). Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

Welcome back :D

Moving can be tough, gald you and the fishey family made it through ok, and it sounds like you managed to have fun along the way.

Yup it was tough, but fun. I'm very glad and proud that the whole fishey family made it.

Welcome to the NW! Where did you move to in Washington? I live in Seattle, there are definitely a few of us from Washington on the board. :)

Thanks! I'm in Lacey, so not too far from Seattle. Yeah, I've noticed there's a bunch of Koko members around here. Almost met up with Joy and Penguin at the Portland show, but I missed em by a day.

Then came the loooong never-ending drive through Montana. Geez, that took so long (in comparison, we were able to drive through about 6 states in one day, while Montana alone took almost a whole day).

Welcome to the West. Land of the big states!

And talk about long and never ending, try Wyoming or southern Idaho.

Try Nothern Nevada..... omg..........

So, what prompted you to move clear across the entire US?

Hmmm, well many reasons: new job, have some family here, change of scenery, got tired of the Virginia heat. And I figured, if I'm gonna move, might as well make it a REAL move, hehe.

He was psycho. He would drive like 18 hours a day and all of a sudden we'd be there.. Now that I drive I NEVER want to make the trip again!

18 hours a day, now that's crazy... I don't know if I could do that... I need more than 6 hours rest and away time from the car :) .

----

Thanks for the welcome back... I still have to catch up on posts, at the same time setting up all my tanks and pond... you know how it is ;)

Guest Halloween
As for the trip itself, it was fun! 2 of my friends came along with me and luckily we made it through 6 days in a car packed full of stuff. Our first stop was the Mall of America in Minnesota which was cool. Lotsa stores, a mini amusement park, and an aquarium (which I of course had to check out). The aquarium was very nice, the kind that you can stand on a moving walkway through a tunnel and you can just look at the fish swimming all around.

Next stop was Wall Drug in South Dakota which was a neat little town that had some cool shops. We drove through the badlands also and took lots of scenic pictures. We were nervous after a while though coz it seemed endless and we were starting to run low on gas! hehe, we made it through though, and finally arrived at our next destination, MT. Rushmore. Wasn't much to see besides the presidents' heads up on the mountain, but still cool. Didn't stick around for the 4th of July fireworks though, I'd heard that there'd be tons of people and I didn't wanna get stuck there.

I live about 10 minutes away from MOA and I've never been to that aquarium!!! Maybe I ought to!

I took a vacation to South Dakota in 2005 and absolutely LOVED it. You didn't see Crazy Horse did you? I saw that and have since decided it's one of my favorite places.

I've wanted to go to Glacier National Park for AGES! I've seen enough pics to know that it's absolutely STUNNING.

Sounds like a blast!!!

You should go, it's awesome(aquarium & GNP)! The aquarium's very nicely designed and it's broken up into areas (sharks, south american, marine, etc). And GNP was indeed stunning... the drive up/down the narrow 2 lane roads was scary but fun. The views were beautiful, but I hadt to be a good driver and keep my eyes on the road. No, I didn't get to see Crazy Horse... maybe next time.