Sign in to follow this  
Chrissy_Bee

Introducing My New Girl

Well, thanks to everyone's 'encouragement' (pressure! ;) ) I just went out and got the sad little ranchu that's been at a lfs for ages. The poor girl had a bit of a hard trip home. First, she gets stuffed into this stupid cylindrical bag with about a cup of water....then I stuff the bag in the cup holder of my car....then we get here and I realize the temp in my QT tank is WAY too high (I hadn't bothered to check the temp because I thought it'd be sitting for a few hours...of course I couldn't wait that long), so then she has to wait in said stupid bag while I rushed for cold water to mix with into the tank.

So...here she is!!! Like I said before, she's hardly a 'show' ranchu. To be honest, I think she looks more like a common than a ranchu, but she tugged on my heart strings :heart

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

I was thinking of calling her Jane (as in plain Jane) or even Betty (ugly Betty :unsure: ) but I'm going to call her Penny! :D (as in, pretty as a ...)

The good news is she seems fairly healthy, no obvious signs of illness. I'm watching her now and she's doing a bit of a shimmy...not sure if it's from the current in the tank or parasites. I have prazi in there now and once I know the cycle is stable, I'm going to salt. She just ate a nice meal of pro gold, so that's a good sign :)

Awww congratulations, glad you went and got her. She is adorable. And ya never know, those ugly duckling babies can turn into drop dead gorgeous adults!

Look at that straight tail... I think she's a lionhead like my Peaches

Peaches3-1.jpg

Look at that straight tail... I think she's a lionhead like my Peaches

That's possible. But she was in the ranchu tank...and we all know how knowledgable those lfs's are :P

Go Chrissy! Go Chrissy!!! : ) YAY! I am soooo glad you got her. She's really cute!!! She's gonna be so happy to have a nice home with you. I can't wait to see how she grows.. It's fun being around to watch people get new fish. I will always be able to say I remember when they were brought home. I love the name Penny. The other names were funny too though. Love the Betty idea, but Penny fits her soo well. I actually had always planned on getting a orange oranda and naming it Penny to go along with Sheldon. (I came up with his name because of the "brain" he had. He was my first "brain" fish (didn't know the term was oranda) and so I named him after a chartacter on the show Big Bang Theory who's really smart. There's a girl on that show named Penny so the plan was to do Leonard (choco oranda) and Penny (orange oranda) to go with Sheldon (red/white oranda). But when he didn't make it, I changed plans so it's cute to see you have a little orange ranchu named Penny. It's just what I pictured my Penny looking like, except no dorsal LOL. She has a sweet little face!!! I am so glad everyone's evil ways got you to go to the store! : )

It's fun being around to watch people get new fish. I will always be able to say I remember when they were brought home.
So true! I love watching everyone's fish grow :)

I was actually thinking about Penny on the old Inspector Gadget cartoons (very random I know)...but her dog was named Brain... :P

Penny is cute. Congrats Chrissy, she's a lucky one :heart

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

Aww I told youu! She's a cutie and what a lucky baby to get such a good home! :D

Such a cute little egg-fish! (LOL the lionheads and ranchus and doral-less fish remind me of eggs, the way their bodies are shaped. :P ) Hope Penny adjusts well! :)

Thanks, she's a pretty skinny 'egg fish' but already I'm really loving her little personality :heart

she's a pretty skinny 'egg fish'

Hikari Goldfish Gold Baby Pellet

Brine Shrimp

Bloodworms

Broccoli

She'll be filled out in no time.

She's a cutie!

She's adorable--good for you. Be interesting to see what she looks like as she grows and matures. :)

She's really adorable! I'm always a sucker for the "gold" goldfish. :heart

Hikari Goldfish Gold Baby Pellet

Brine Shrimp

Bloodworms

Broccoli

She'll be filled out in no time.

Consider it done! :exactly

:Congrats: on the :gfish:

She's such a fiesty girl! My bf got up this morning to find my lying on the floor watching her :heart I knew there was a reason I wanted her so bad, she's super entertaining.

Can't wait to see if she fills out into a nice big plump ranchu!

Penny is a perfect name for her. Congrats on the new cutie!!!!!!!!!

My bf got up this morning to find my lying on the floor watching her I knew there was a reason I wanted her so bad, she's super entertaining.

My mom has found me a few times on my floor just staring at the fish. Their soooo fun to watch!

Penny is a perfect name for her. Congrats on the new cutie!!!!!!!!!
My bf got up this morning to find my lying on the floor watching her I knew there was a reason I wanted her so bad, she's super entertaining.

My mom has found me a few times on my floor just staring at the fish. Their soooo fun to watch!

it looks like you have a goldfish worth watching! i would be down there on the floor, too.

congrats, she's adorable!

:Congrats: She's a pretty Penny for sure :heart

Penny came out of QT tonight! :nana:nana

She's so active and healthy, and my bf said she looks bigger already to him. She seems pretty happy with her new home (in the 55 gallon 'duplex'). Pictures soon to come.....

OMg that went FAST!!!! Can't wait to see pics of her in the large tank. I will be patiently waiting (for a little while then I am gonna start to get pushy).