What I Was Up To For 4 Days

Thelonious

Not sure how many of you guys (And girls) are into vehicles but i wanted to show off my work that i did this past week. Some of you may have seen this doen to various vehicles before but anyways here goes.

My setup looks like this:

(1) 3/8" smc fill valve

(1) 3/8" smc dump valve

(X) 1/2" DOT grade airline

(1) 5 gallon airtank

(1) Stinger 80amp relay

(1) Viair 400 compressor

(2) Dominator 2500 bags

Day 1

Removed my bed with the help of my dad (Thing weighs at least 100 pounds if not more)

Mounted my tank to the frame

Mounted my compressor to the frame

Bolted my relay under the hood

Ran my electrical wires and mounted my on/off switch under the dash for the compressor

DSC00091.jpg

DSC00089-1.jpg

And yes,i have added a fuse link between the battery and relay since that picture was taken. I also have a fuse link inbetween the power wire coming off the relay and going to the compressor to protect it aswell. Both have 30 amp fuses.

Day 2

Disconnected my electrical wires after making sure everything worked and re-ran them under the carpet to be discreet

Ran an extra wire off my 12 volt connection for my switchbox and connected my valves to the switches

th_MOV00096.jpg

Day 3

Spent all day removing the coil springs and replacing them with the dominator bags and running my airlines from the bags back to the tank and then everything was complete besides putting the bed back on and tidying up my wires..

DSC00097.jpg

Aired up

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

Aired out

DSC00101.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

Daytime pic of it aired out (Tarp was to cover my compressor and tank from the rain we had been getting lately (Until the bed was back on to cover it)

DSC00104.jpg

Day 4

Simply put my bed back on,touched up the primer on it,hooked my tail lights back up,and drove off (It ran like crap after sitting for so long but some lucas fuel injection cleaner and about 30 miles of driving and it was all good)

Here's the only pics i have after the bed was back on. Also included is a video of it in action..

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

th_MyBaggedTruck.jpg

And finally here is the truck stock (Well not really but with stock suspension still)

DSC09963-Copy.jpg

Just felt like showing it off after the 4 days of hard work i did on it :)

And thanks to my dad for helping lift the bed off and lifting it to put it back on aswell as helping push the truck under the carport when it started to rain. Thanks also to my friend Russel for helping until 12:30am when he had to be up for work at 4:30am the next day and i had to be up at 7:30am for work. I'm going to be saving up for the remaining parts needed to bag the back of the truck but for now i'm just going to STATIC drop the back 4" so it won't sit as high when i air out the front.

Edited by Thelonious

Well, I have no idea about anything you were talking about; my brother would, but I do know hard work and I know loving your passion and I know pride in doing something well and you have that and it should be acknowledged. You worked hard on something you love doing and you should be commended for a job well done! :goodjob

I looked up the parts i need to bag the back and it'll run me at least $1,200-$1,500 so that will be a while off :(

I also tried going to a small local show last saturday but the main guy was really rude to me when i pulled up (Everyone else was friendly) and told me i couldn't park (Wtc?)

Basically i was being directed to a parking spot and he walked up,told me i couldn't park,and pretty much looked down on me and the truck....

lots of work !!!!!..my hubbie and I bulid bikes well he does most of the work...I get to do the sanding and taping off the tanks for paint ..I think he owes me a few waterchanges ..we have done a few cars .. I did sand a freak'n fiberglass body of a corvette ..that was WORK...tedious never do it again !! I'm glad I never get the rreal work ..it's just somthing for me to do while he is doing the hard work and it's a good pastime for us while the kids are sleeping :D ...

Wow! That was alot of work! and it shows!! The truck looks great, I think you posted a pic of it when you first bought it, You must have done heaps of body work to it. Nice job!

You must get so much satisfaction looking at what you did with your own two hands. Good for you, I say! :gcar: Chickey wants a ride when you get done! :)

I have NO idea what half the words you used were, and no idea how you did it, but the truck turned out great!!!! Very impressive! I'm not "into" vehicles, but I loooooove pick up trucks! Come pick me up and take me to a country concert.. LMAO

Wow! That was alot of work! and it shows!! The truck looks great, I think you posted a pic of it when you first bought it, You must have done heaps of body work to it. Nice job!

You must get so much satisfaction looking at what you did with your own two hands. Good for you, I say! :gcar: Chickey wants a ride when you get done! :)

I did a lot of mechanical work under the hood and a lot of interior cleaning but body work i had to replace the rotted out bed,tailgate,mangled rear bumper,and the passenger door which looked t-boned. I still have to pop out dents and weld in a new rocker panel on the passenger side from the owner wrecking it. I've still got plenty of body work to do then i'm dropping it off at the paint shop to be sanded,re-primered,and painted. Then the line-x dealer to have the bedliner sprayed in. It's on it's way to being a show truck very soon. :)

I have NO idea what half the words you used were, and no idea how you did it, but the truck turned out great!!!! Very impressive! I'm not "into" vehicles, but I loooooove pick up trucks! Come pick me up and take me to a country concert.. LMAO

Thanks. Most people except my friends have no idea what a lugnut is let alone a control arm :P