Rip

I beleive my female oranda was egg bound, and I beleive last night while I was out she bit the dust. She took my 8yo male white common with her, and my 11,10,9" tinfoilsnilly.gif Doing a massive water change right now.

1007954ik9.jpg

1007955kl9.jpg

1007953vp3.jpg

Everyone else seems ok now. My balas, pangasius, pleco etc all seem to be ok. They are all swimming and not laying at the bottom or gasping at the surface. So I guess maybe the next few days time will tell who goes next. Its amazing how fast a tank can go from 0 0 10nitrates, to off the charts.

Ps theres only poop all over because the filter ended up being clogged to high22, 3 of the fish were stuck on the intake after they died.

So long buddies.

That's really sad that you lost so many. :cry I hope that you get your water quality all straightened out so you don't lose any more! :goodluck and rest in peace to all your babies!

So sorry to hear that you lost so many :(

Just a thought....if a fish is egg bound she's not contagious, I think there may have been something else going on.

Absolutely! I suppose that, because she was egg-bound, she may have contracted a secondary infection and may have infected other fish, but you don't lose five fish all at once. And keeping tropicals and gf together with temperature and food considerations and with plecos.... But, nevertheless, it is a sad time.

I honestly dont know how the others died. All I know is they had 20 hrs to themselves while I was away. I expected the pleco to be sucking away on the dead bodies, but nope he was under his driftwood minding his own business. Good news is today all my remaining fish seem fine, acting like normal fish. I hope it stays that way. But man this tank looks EMPTY when you lose 45" of fish. Thats ok I have 60" of fish left haha

Ya I went go go feed them and I saw my tin foils on the ground I was like uhhh. I opened up the other side and saw the oranda floating. I honestly thought everyone in the tank was dead, I had no idea what to think. Right now its just weird, they were all happy and lively over the weekend, now its just like a big empty tank without those big guys. Id love to get more fish, but I dont think its time. I think Ill just plan on raising the fry I have, keep 1 or a few and then maybe down the line, perhaps 6-12 months, think about getting more of the monsters I lost. I guess the only plus side to this is they have more room to swim for themselves and way less bio load.......