I'm Weak!

So I went back to a big lfs nearby today and they STILL have just one lonely ranchu in their tank. He's been there, by himself, for at least 3 weeks now. There's nothing special about him at all. He's about an inch long, completely orange and looks like he's probably not a very good 'quality' ranchu at all (probably mixed with something else). But he looks so sad and I want him!!!

I'm getting my old QT tank from my sister's place tonight and setting it up with a spare filter. If he's there when I go back later this week, I think I might just have to bring him home :r030:

I know, I need the koko stick. If I get him I'm going to try him in with my girl Elaine and if he bothers her, one of them is just going to have to live in the QT tank.

Also....wally mart also still has a beautiful fantail that I noticed last week.....so I guess if the ranchu is gone.....I may have a back up plan....

Chrissy.. you wrote about those two fish to me a few days ago! : ) And what was your advice for me? Huh? I believe I remember a bunch of you saying "do it do it do it!". LOL

If he's there, it's meant to be!!! : ) I can't wait to see what you bring home later!!! lol

Sue and I are not going to let you get out of it! We've both taken the plunge, we're not going into this alone! We're taking you down with us! :devilangel Do it, do it, do it!

Oh yeah..get him..I noticed an orange oranda that was sad in his tank...I didnt get him...but his baby face haunted me for 2 days..Bad luck when I went back he was gone...I wish he was there..I would have got him without a second's thought...Get him...like everyone else says..DO IT..DO IT...DO IT... :rolleyes:

Heidi....I'll just have to get him to keep up the trend of having fish that look just like yours!!! He looks like Delby, but no white tail tips or wen (that I remember).

Well I brought the QT tank over, it's empty for the moment. I have a strong feeling that it will be set up tomorrow (too bad the only place I have to put it is on the floor :( ). I'm going to sleep on it....I'm sure I know what will happen!

It doesn't help that my bf said to me the other day "I don't really care how many tanks you have, it's your hobby" and then today when I saw the fish he teased me and said "oh poor little guy, I think you should bring him home, he needs you"

:rofl ....for sure !!!!!..Delby has a very small wen ..but growing :D

oh poor little guy, I think you should bring him home, he needs you"

thats what Glen does !!!!!!...when he knows I am not prepared!!!..but then I always rush home do what I need to do and rush back and get the poor little souls ..and say..well you said I could!!!!!! :D

It doesn't help that my bf said to me the other day "I don't really care how many tanks you have, it's your hobby" and then today when I saw the fish he teased me and said "oh poor little guy, I think you should bring him home, he needs you"

Oh, what a great guy you have there!

We'll see what he has to day when he comes home to the QT tank today ;)

I'm excited to find out if you get him/her or not. I'm only posting so I can keep track of this thread. :D Seriously, though, be sure and update us soon!

So the bf just got home and I snuck this convo in:

me "do you think if I set up one more tank it would be too much?"

bf "I don't know, what do you think?"

me (thinking) :rofl

(saying) "well the thing is, if I get a new fish it could have diseases and parasites, so I really can't put it in my big tank"

bf "yes, so you were saying"

me (saying) "well I'll clean my tanks tonight and see how it goes"

(thinking) woo woo, QT tank gets set up tonight..fish comes home tonight or tomorrow :P

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

hehehe!

Doo it NOW, get your boo to help you and get the babie home by tonight!

He's lonley and needs you, he told me!

And also, just think some meanie can snatch him befor you and mistreat him! Ohnoo! It's a :badidea to leave him there any longer than you absoloutely have to! :goldfish:

Edited by Kayla's Goldfish

My thoughts exactly ;) .

You people are evil!!! :heart

The tank is set up.....begging to be inhabited. It actually doesn't look too bad, it's under my trop tank and partially hidden by one of my bf's huge speakers.

I have an aquaclear running, half the media is from my main tank (an aquaclear sponge insert which is brown..mmmmmm bacteria), the other half is new . I'm a bit nervous that it won't be cycled. I think I may go up there in a few hours and get the fish, I'm willing to do daily water changes if there's any bump in the cycle. I'm also going to do a .3% salt dose in there, and probably prazi when I get said fish home. EEK, the excitement!

Fun FUn FUN!!!!!!!!! I can't wait.. I am so excited for you... I'm gonna be checking back every 20 mins to see what happens LOL : )

I hope there is no bump in the cycle for YOUR sake. However, I can't say I wouldn't be jealous considering I am in the world of HUGE daily water changes on 2 tanks Hahaha! Good luck!!! : )

Fun FUn FUN!!!!!!!!! I can't wait.. I am so excited for you... I'm gonna be checking back every 20 mins to see what happens LOL : )

I hope there is no bump in the cycle for YOUR sake. However, I can't say I wouldn't be jealous considering I am in the world of HUGE daily water changes on 2 tanks Hahaha! Good luck!!! : )

Ooh, me too! Of course, it's the pictures we're after! :kewlpics: lol! The best thing I can say about putting a new teeny tiny gf in an uncycled/semi-cycled qt tank (me) is that I don't have to do massive water changes every day... <phew!>

The best thing I can say about putting a new teeny tiny gf in an uncycled/semi-cycled qt tank (me) is that I don't have to do massive water changes every day... <phew!>

WHATEVER! LOL

Actually, I wound up adding media from a different tank as well. My tanks have all been so confusing with switching and diseases so to explain it all would be confusing.. But to ATTEMPT to make the story short (everyone stop laughing!!!!) I had an empty 5 gallon that was cycled with media that was originally in one of the 10's. I used some of it to cycle the Platy Tank and it's been over a month and that fish is healthy, and the tank cycled in about 4 days. So I am assuming that media is safe. So I used the leftover media to put in with my new fish. It's still got a bump, so I am still doing crazy water changes, but I wanted to help it along. With those two big piggies I need all the help I can get! LOL

Guest Kayla's Goldfish
:yikes It's OK because probably tonight or tomorrow I am going to be in the same boat with an uncycled tank and doing daily water changes.