New Chocolate Pom Pom Oranda

So, after an outing yesterday that was not expected to result in purchasing a fish, let alone finding my dream fish, well, here is the result. Presenting Tobiko!

tobiko.jpg

Oh wait! That's the real tobiko! :tomuch:

Okay, so here's MY Tobiko (so named because the little pom poms remind me of tobiko :D ) ... Toby for short. Sorry for the drips. I was so excited to take the pics, I didn't think to wipe off the glass.

Pomm1.jpg

Pomm4.jpg

Pomm3.jpg

Pomm2.jpg

congrats !!! what a cutie !!!!..can't wait to see him in his home !!!!

Ah, he's such a teeny, tiny baby, he's just a dot in the tank! Toby is just a little 1" baby. I didn't want a 4"-5" monster. I wanted something around 2", but those weren't coming around, so when I saw Toby, other than size, it was perfect so I jumped on it!

What a cute baby. Hope he keeps his color for you. But even it he loses still well be a pretty fish.

I KNOW! I thought about asking if there's a way, a food, like protein, etc., :g025: that might help keep the color! I mean, shrimp make flamingos pink! :tomuch: All these special color fish who end up losing their color.... :idont

Congratulations! I love your new fish. I am sure he/she will grow in no time into a 4-5 inch monster!

I think that a color enhancing food would help maintain the orange pom-poms. Dainichi foods have lots and lots of red pigmented foods in them. http://www.dainichi.com/goldfish_food_color.html

I have recently started feeding New Life Spectrum and my fish are bonkers about it (more so than any other food I've fed). The pellets themselves are actually reddish orange (from all the krill in them), so I would think it would help with color rentention too. http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/213034/product.web

Congratulations! I love your new fish. I am sure he/she will grow in no time into a 4-5 inch monster! I think that a color enhancing food would help maintain the orange pom-poms. Dainichi foods have lots and lots of red pigmented foods in them. http://www.dainichi.com/goldfish_food_color.html I have recently started feeding New Life Spectrum and my fish are bonkers about it (more so than any other food I've fed). The pellets themselves are actually reddish orange (from all the krill in them), so I would think it would help with color rentention too. http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/213034/product.web
Yeah, but what about the chocolate turning orange? See, there's the dilemma of color enhancements. They always turn orange. They need to invent ones for black, chocolate, blue, etc.! lol!
What a clever name! :D Do you like sushi?
I love sushi, but I promise not to eat Toby's pom poms! :rofl Edited by lynda441

WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am sooooo excited for you Lynda!!!! I was actually reading a post of yours on another thread and I happened to glance at your sig and saw it said "chocolate pom pom in QT" and I got all excited and started searching through threads because I knew I would find one that said you had gotten a new fish!!!

This is sooo wonderful! He is sooooo sweet!!! : ) How perfect for you!!!! You really didn't have to wait ALL that long!! I am so happy for you - congrats. More pics more pics : )

WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am sooooo excited for you Lynda!!!! I was actually reading a post of yours on another thread and I happened to glance at your sig and saw it said "chocolate pom pom in QT" and I got all excited and started searching through threads because I knew I would find one that said you had gotten a new fish!!!

This is sooo wonderful! He is sooooo sweet!!! : ) How perfect for you!!!! You really didn't have to wait ALL that long!! I am so happy for you - congrats. More pics more pics : )

I know! I DIDN'T have to wait that long... what?.... about 3 weeks? Of course, the butterheads where I found Toby were the ones who put me on a waiting list and promised they would call when they got more pom poms in... and they didn't... it's good I'm not a trusting person... :glare:

More pics?! Hah! I'm exhausted! I had to do a 100% water change today on my 60 gallon, moved Jackson over to the main tank, yup, he's official now, but, I think Blue is looking a little sniffly, oh, I don't think it's a big deal, he's still eating like a pig and all fins are good, but he's just bottom sitting a little, so I wanted to get him in the hospital for a bit just to watch him, so I had to change all the water in that from Jackson. Man, that sounds so "nothing" when you write it.... hmmm.... but, I will get more pics. My new camera should come Tuesday or Wednesday and I will definitely want to play with that when it comes and guess who get to be my guinea pigs?! uh.... fishy pigs....

I love the name it fits him well!

His eyes make him look like a little puppy.

I cant wait until he gets bigger hes gonna a be a real cutie!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!

I KNOW! That's what I think too! That goldfish are like puppy dogs!

I can't either! That's part of the reason I wanted such a little one... I want to watch him grow!

Yea! What a cute new goldfish! I like that he has a nickname. Maybe I should work on nicknames for my fish. And good on you for not trusting the fruitloops at the pet store to call you when they got more pom poms. They don't deserve that much.

My new camera should come Tuesday or Wednesday and I will definitely want to play with that when it comes and guess who get to be my guinea pigs?! uh.... fishy pigs....

Aww that'll be great! There are gonna be so many pics I am gonna wish I HADN'T asked for more of them lol Toby is so cute. I looked at him again and he's just a sweetie!

My camera actually came today! The delivery guy came so early this morning I was still asleep. I don't really even think I was awake when I went to the door. I remember hearing the doorbell and answering the door and taking the box, but I don't even remember shutting the door and putting the box down. I just went back to sleep. Then, some time after I'd been awake, for some reason I thought about what day it was and when I was expecting my camera to arrive and then I just sort of had this ah hah! It came this morning. Anyway, between having things I need to do tomorrow and learning how to use the thing, it's a point and shoot, but I guess kind of a fancy point and shoot, it's going to be a day or two before I can even try to use it, let alone post pics, but when I do, it will be good pics of the whole clan. I've been trying to figure out how to get a group shot so you can see the difference in sizes from giant Jackson down to teeny Toby.