New Tank At Work

So my day at work started out really great. I am known at work for being the crazy fish lady (hehehe). I had a tank setup given to me to keep at work this morning from one of my collegues, fish, beautiful wooden stand, and everything one could possibly need. Problem - some of the fish have issues including severe fin rot, ammonia burn, and the gourami's that are so very beautiful, both have hexamita, better known as hole in the head disease (first time ever seeing in in real life, but no mistaking that that is what it is), and one of the fish look like they have cataracts (not sure if that is even possible, but I will research). 90% of the water was new when I got them setup this morning.

So yuck. My day went from being on cloud nine, to feeling kind of yucky. Would you tell the nice person that gave me the setup that they gave me sick fish if they ask how it's going?? They gave me the fish setup because they were sick of caring for the fish, which is great in a way instead of what could have been the alternative. And I don't mind caring for them, and hopefully nursing them back to health.

*sigh* :o

Guest Tankgirl

I'd probably tell a bit of a lie and say they've gotten a little bit sick...probably due to stress of moving. >,>

Then at least you're not saying everything's dandy but you're not making them feel bad...they're most likely not going to get any more if the reason they gave them to you is they don't want to look after them, so you don't really have to worry about them buying more and getting them into the same condition.

I would tell her the truth. In a gentle fashion of course. She needs to know in case she ever decides to get back into fish keeping. Might save the lives of future fish. :)