Introduced Fish To Tank...again

This time i put Noah in first...it was ok..Noah as a little scared but thn sammy went into the corner and would not come out for anything, i could tel he was a little frightened...then i added Kamikaze as well and it was terrible...sammy as in the corner banging his head against the glass and going frantic..noah and kamikaze were going up to him out of pure curiosity and sammy nearly had a breakdown!! in the end i had to tak out kamikaze and since then he has come out of the corner..but is a little frightened of noah..noah is already swimming about like he owns the place!

the problem is he's following sammy all over th tank..wont leave him alone at all and sammy is getting petrified! is it possible for sammy to have a heart attack? he nearly jumped out the tank a few times but i have it convered.. Noah just will not leave him alon..hes a curious little fish and cant stay away even though he's about 5 times his size!

sammy has started snapping at him too..not chasing him round the tank or being vicious but if noah comes too near (which he doesn often..mostly bumping into him) he snaps at him..is this dangerous?? it doesnt seem that bad

i was wondering..this time tomorrow could i introduce kamikaze back to the tank?? after a day do you think he'd be really for two??

i really dont want to split up noah and kamikaze they really like eachother and contantly follow eachother around the tank lol but it's obvious sammy wont do well with two new arrivals at the same time..so do you think a day is enough??

Edited by nicoleclaire

Hi Nicole -- Could you give us a little background on this situation so that we can better help you? It is hard to remember everyone's details. A link to another thread would work fine.

Thanks!

haha i tend to think everyone automatically knows everything about my life :D

ive had sammy for 9 years all of that time he's been living on his own..i recently bought 2 baby fantail goldfish (kamikaze & Noah ) and after quarantine tried to introduc them..sammy chased round kamikaze, she was very frightened and i took her out, today it's been the other way around! lol, do u think sammy will get used to them soon? would tomorrow be to early to put kamikaz back in?

Is it possible to put a divider in the tank? Sammy probably is just so used to being alone, he probably doesn't even recognize his own kind. My parents' dog is the same way. Loves people, hates dogs. Oh, she doesn't attack them, but mostly gets scared and runs away from them if they try to play. Sometimes she growls though. But, the thing is, she wasn't introduced to other dogs until she was probably 6-7 years old. She had just lived with my parents inside their house and in the backyard all that time before, but now my parents are in a gated community and take her on walks to the dog park, so now she has to deal with other dogs and she has no idea what they are. After 6 years of living in the community, finally my parents' dog has made friends with one or two of the other dogs. So, point is, it may just take a long time. If you could put up a divider, they can get used to each other without the actual threat of chasing/nipping. Then you can take the divider down after a while and see how they do. Maybe ween them slowly, by taking the divider out for a while then put it back up, then down for a while, etc.

thankyou..i wouldnt be able to put a divider in this tank as it's too small, but i'm getting a new tank soon within a few weeks which i could maybe do that for.. since i posted this it's been alot better, sammy doesn't seem frightened more and is going back to his normal buisness i think he's just a little annoyed that this little thing is following him all over the tank, i will probebly try and put kamikaz back in later as everything seems all right so far..

its very small 15uk / 18us it's very temporary though and it's a better tank than they were in before..i thought by the time they were out of quarantine i'd have a bigger tank but i still can't afford it and they've been in quarantine a few weeks longer so i've decided just to put them in there as they're very small anyway and it's bigger than the other tank. it'll only be a week or two

Hi Nicole - I just saw this and wondered how things have been going.

"its very small 15uk / 18us" - Is this litres or gallons?

This was the last thread where we were discussing the quarantine of your 2 new fish

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...c=70031&hl=

Do you have a water kit yet? This is really important; if you have added new fish to Sammy's small tank, it will be very likely to cause a bump to the cycle. Without readings you won't be sure the fish are in safe water.