Hi all,

This is just a thought that I had and I wouldn't be surprised if it is already here and I haven't found it or don't have access to it yet. But so many of us have come here by learning things the hard way and have then started to take all of the advice we've learned. Most of us keep a fish log to remind us of what we have done or of our fish's behaviors. What if there was a place where people that were interested could store or link to a fish log/blog here? That would give other members access to follow along.

I'm just thinking that if I had a blog about all I have learned the last few weeks, all that I have done wrong, and my hopes of now trying to do things right people could follow along. Or say your fish gets a disease and you blog about treatment and the behavior and improvement, someone with the same disease could follow along. This wouldn't eliminate posts or questions, but if someone already knows what to do (imagine us all reading Trinket's blogs to learn more) and doesn't want to take up space in the 911 we could follow along and learn something.

Just a thought.

Amy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was just going to post something similar, but I see someone beat me to it. A goldfish blog/journal would be very fun and insightful.

great idea and hey are you ok? I heard there was an earthquake in LA

Hi Mac! Yeah, there was a pretty good earthquake here in LA today! The epicenter was in a city called Diamond Bar, CA, which is about 29 miles east of LA. I'm out in West LA, almost Santa Monica, which is about another 13 miles away. Now, Amy lives right in downtown LA, so she was closer to it than I was, but I still got one darned good, long shake out of it. When I saw my plants tipping on their stands, I jumped up with both arms outstretched in opposite directions trying to decide what to grab and save first, when I thought to look at my fish. The water was sloshing and the fish were getting a good roller coaster ride out of it, but nothing spilled. Amy said she actually had water spill out of her tank! But, like I said, she lives closer and she also lives in a loft up in the air, so she's gonna get more shaking. What I had was definitely enough for me! It was a good one! But, all fishies are safe!

Anyway, back on topic!

Edited by lynda441

Hey guys. It was a bit rocky today, but we are okay. I had a fun time cleaning up fishtank water and I'm surprised my painted background didn't get ruined.

I've never blogged either, but I was thinking it would be cool to have a section where after a certain number of posts you could keep an online fish log. So maybe it is more of a fish log than a blog.

I've never blogged before, but sounds like fun.

I have to admit to being some kind of dumb old person because I've never even been certain what a blog is or where the word came from.... :idont

I have to admit to being some kind of dumb old person because I've never even been certain what a blog is or where the word came from.... :idont

Anyone who can admit to not knowing something can hardly be described as dumb, Lynda ;) . The word 'blog' is short for 'web log', which refers to the fact that a person can log their experiences (whether it be personnal or professional) on a website, like a kind of internet journal or diary. Some people use them mainly for themselves, as a true electronic version of a diary, while others rather use it as a place where they can express their views towards the general public (kind of like an editorial or an op-ed in a newspaper).

I hope that explains it a bit :) .

Anyone who can admit to not knowing something can hardly be described as dumb, Lynda ;) . The word 'blog' is short for 'web log', which refers to the fact that a person can log their experiences (whether it be personnal or professional) on a website, like a kind of internet journal or diary. Some people use them mainly for themselves, as a true electronic version of a diary, while others rather use it as a place where they can express their views towards the general public (kind of like an editorial or an op-ed in a newspaper).

I hope that explains it a bit :) .

Ah hah! A web log... a web diary! I get it now! Yes, it does explain it very well! :idea

Okay, well, now that I understand what a blog is I think that the only really efficacious place to put something like this would be within the member's personal profile. I mean, to have potentially several thousand blogs in a public location would be overwhelming, but to be able to say to yourself, now wait, I remember Amynmitchell had this one problem, so I'll go look at her blog, then that would help. And, especially if the Mods were to do blogs, that might really help us to solve our own problems and streamline things. Anyway, my :twocents

like that idea i had one a long time ago but i kinda got bored because my life is sorta boring but ya.

I use to have a fish blog, I crochet blog, a journal blog and two parrot blogs. Now I just have the one and talk about all of it there. It was just to much work to try and keep up with so many blogs.

I like the idea of a fish blog, but anytime I rely on a computer for something I get behind on it... Right now I've got my little notebook that I can carry with me to all the tanks and I keep that updated nice. It's almost full.. I blog on myspace sometimes just about life. I think maybe 2 people read it! LOL But it gives me a change to ramble on about things.. Usually Shane will read, and my friend Matt. I've gotten so used to no one reading that sometimes I just talk directly to them LOL

I agree it might be fun to have a section in each persons profile.. I don't know how stuff like that works though. I suppose a section could be created in the forum where each person can keep a ongoing thread or blog, that would allow comments. Each person opens ONE thread with their name in the title. It would only work if people really did only post one and everyone stuck to the simple format of say "COUNTRYLOVAH'S BLOG".

I like the idea of a fish blog, but anytime I rely on a computer for something I get behind on it... Right now I've got my little notebook that I can carry with me to all the tanks and I keep that updated nice. It's almost full.. I blog on myspace sometimes just about life. I think maybe 2 people read it! LOL But it gives me a change to ramble on about things.. Usually Shane will read, and my friend Matt. I've gotten so used to no one reading that sometimes I just talk directly to them LOL

I agree it might be fun to have a section in each persons profile.. I don't know how stuff like that works though. I suppose a section could be created in the forum where each person can keep a ongoing thread or blog, that would allow comments. Each person opens ONE thread with their name in the title. It would only work if people really did only post one and everyone stuck to the simple format of say "COUNTRYLOVAH'S BLOG".

That would work, too, Sue and wouldn't require the site to add any special extra to the profile settings.

Great idea, Sue. It's elegant and doesn't require any work on Koko's part. I'm all for it :D .

Great idea, Sue. It's elegant and doesn't require any work on Koko's part. I'm all for it :D .

Me too.

I also use a little book and as soon as we move I start a new one to mark the transition. :gcar: and I think I'll probably be cussing about the 'new' tab water most of the time :blink:

Well, as this doesn't require Koko having to add or modify anything, I think anyone could start posting anytime they wanted. The only question remaining is, where does Koko want us to post them?

So you guys want a forum were you can start your own threads for a blog? right

a tab in the profile would work even better, if it's feasible. like the gallery. i don't know how intense you are on coding, but it wouldn't be that hard if you have legal permission to reverse engineer the site...

sounds good is it for all ages and for non members?

so im a guest i thought i was member ok im confused

• Admin

A member hun is a person that has an account and that is active on the forum. Guests are people that dont have an account and cant post :D

So your a member :)