Helppp

Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level? 0

Nitrite Level? 0

Nitrate level? 5.0 - 10

Ph Level, (If possible,KH and GH and chloramines)? 7.6

Ph Level out of the Tap? 7.6

Tank size (How many Gals) and How long has it been running? 20 gallons and has been running from Dec 10

<LI>What is the name and size of the filter/s? Aqua Tech 20-40 and a aqua tech 5-15

<LI>How often do you change the water and how much? every week 30%-40%

How many fish in the tank and their size? 2 Fantail around 4 to 5 Inches.

<li>What kind of water additives or conditioners? cycle , aqua plus tap water conditioner

<li>Any medications added to the tank? yes prazzi pro

<li>Add any new fish to the tank? no

<li>What do you feed your fish? for now Medi-Gold , pro gold , gel food , flake food

<li>Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt", No

bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? yes

<li>Any unusual behavior like staying

at the bottom, not eating, ect..? yes staying at the bottom ,eating well

ok so like my other post on here i just recieved the prazilpro since 07112008 and ive been put in 1 teaspoon per day in the aquarium. i just read on here that i am suppose to only put 1 teaspoon every 3 to 5 days? am i overdosing them should i do a 50% water change? i have seen thats on there tail that there is like bloody streaks and that they look like they have silver stuff on there body is that ick? what should I do? im really worried now....

well I'm not sure what is going on or if you can o.d with prazi ..but I think a good waterchange temp and ph match is good

When we use prazi they are given breaks in between ..so I would do a 90% waterchange that never hurts anything but only gives them nice good water I would take out the Prazi and give them a break ,can I ask why your fish are on the medi gold ???

Ick looks like someone took a salt shaker and sprinkled it on your fish ..do you have pics ???

well I'm not sure what is going on or if you can o.d with prazi ..but I think a good waterchange temp and ph match is good

When we use prazi they are given breaks in between ..so I would do a 90% waterchange that never hurts anything but only gives them nice good water I would take out the Prazi and give them a break ,can I ask why your fish are on the medi gold ???

Ick looks like someone took a salt shaker and sprinkled it on your fish ..do you have pics ???

oops there not on medi gold i forgot to earese that so do a 90% waterchange now i have about 16 gallon water set already i was waiting until i get to finish the tretment. should i add salt or something for there tail? i dont have pics sorry i will try to get... I feel sooo stupid now :(

Never feel stupid!!!!! ..until.a mod can help you further I would do the big waterchange ..and salt up to 0.1 %(1teaspoon per gallon )until a mod says otherwise ..somtimes a good clean out of all meds and, salt as a tonic at 0.1% can boost them up a bit let me know how they act after a big wc

Never feel stupid!!!!! ..until.a mod can help you further I would do the big waterchange ..and salt up to 0.1 %(1teaspoon per gallon )until a mod says otherwise ..somtimes a good clean out of all meds and, salt as a tonic at 0.1% can boost them up a bit let me know how they act after a big wc

i just bought the penguin 350 should i put that in the tank now or wait? Thank u so much for ur help im going right now to do my water change...

Awww,no reason to feel stupid for goodness sake. The instructions on the bottles are kinda vague for starters. At least I thought so. Even after coming here and reading the posts on using it I had to reread them more than once before things actually clicked. And knowing when to yell for help rather than just blundering on and hoping for the best makes you pretty smart in my book!

Kathy

Awww,no reason to feel stupid for goodness sake. The instructions on the bottles are kinda vague for starters. At least I thought so. Even after coming here and reading the posts on using it I had to reread them more than once before things actually clicked. And knowing when to yell for help rather than just blundering on and hoping for the best makes you pretty smart in my book!

Kathy

thanks kathy i read the bottle over and over and thats what i though was right.... i cant believe i did this....

i just bought the penguin 350 should i put that in the tank now or wait? Thank u so much for ur help im going right now to do my water change...

I would just wait ..you don't want a new current giving them a little more stress when they feel a little down in the dumps .I mean I would at least wait for a dignoses from one of the mods ..how much filtration do you have now (sorry I'm horrible with knowing the proper turnovers on each kind of filter)do you have at least 200 gph on your 20??

I would just wait ..you don't want a new current giving them a little more stress when they feel a little down in the dumps .I mean I would at least wait for a dignoses from one of the mods ..how much filtration do you have now (sorry I'm horrible with knowing the proper turnovers on each kind of filter)do you have at least 200 gph on your 20??

no i have more than 200 like 300 gph i think but i find that the filter has slow down lately... ohhh im putting back the carbon now in the filter after the water change.

Edited by sally2007

you can as long as you move all of the media to the new filter if you can't I would advice against it until your fish are acting healthier..you do not want to risk a little bump in the cycle with sick fish...right now you have a good cycle and that is a plus on getting sick fish better :)

Edited by hi-d

you can as long as you move all of the media to the new filter if you can't I would advice against it until your fish are acting healthier..you do not want to risk a little bump in the cycle with sick fish...right now you have a good cycle and that is a plus on getting sick fish better :)

the only media i have is the old filters and every month when i change the filter i tear off the top of the filter and place it in the filter box for extra bb i dont know if u understand what i mean lol its complicted ...

the only media i have is the old filters and every month when i change the filter i tear off the top of the filter and place it in the filter box for extra bb i dont know if u understand what i mean lol its complicted ...

:rofl ya I think I do,I would just hold off until we can get your babies feeling better :)

LOL im trying u know hehe... as we speak im doing a water change and there playing with me hehe i have pic that i just took but it doesnt show there tail lol

LOL im trying u know hehe... as we speak im doing a water change and there playing with me hehe i have pic that i just took but it doesnt show there tail lol

haha!! you sound like me !! doing waterchanges and talk on koko's at the same time and only I have 4 soon to be 5 tanks ..no wonder it takes me so long ...do think they are perking up????

i think so i hope for the best u know i havent had goldfish for so long they always use to die on me becsue ppl at the store said keep them in bowls i had them since jan and i cant lost them if u seen pic from since they were bought to now its amazing how much they have grown... i have 3 tanks i have 5 fishes in all i have 3 betta ( 1 boy and 2 girls ) and 2 goldfish...well i have 4 tanks but i current use 3 lol until i can get more to fill my other tank hehe

i'm happy they may be perking up a bit your doing a good job!!!..keep us posted and check in just incase a mod chimes in to help you further :) ..I'm signing off for the night so I'll check in in the morning and see how you made out :)

Thanks so much ur very helpfull :) GoodNight....

ok well i did my 90 % waterchange and i added my water conditioner and the tank is missing like 2 gallon of water but what i will do is let the water set and then add the 2 gallon 2morrwo morning they look ok right now i didnt add any salt but i will 2morrw... im gonna go shower and then bed its already 12:03 am

Hi sally woke up for a pee :rolleyes: ...it is 7:30 am here ...did you manage to get the filetr working ?? that sucks, I have a tempermental filter. I"m sure the fishies will be ok without 2g for the night and salting the naxt day is fine too let me know how the goldies are feeling this morning ...well back to bed I go !!!

Edited by hi-d

Hi sally woke up for a pee :rolleyes: ...it is 7:30 am here ...did you manage to get the filetr working ?? that sucks, I have a tempermental filter. I"m sure the fishies will be ok without 2g for the night and salting the naxt day is fine too let me know how the goldies are feeling this morning ...well back to bed I go !!!

Thanks for being so interested in my babies :) Yes I did manage to get the filter working i tryed soo much and it finaly got back lol my babies loook a lil better there still bottonm sitting sometimes maybe because it really hot right now in a few weeks it will get cooler i guess then they will love it in the winter :) i did salt the tank... Im thinking of putting on the new filter now and leave the lil filter on for now then remove the lil one in 2 weeks... what do u think about that?

Hi Sally, how are your fish doing now? :)

In regards to the bigger filter being added on, I would do that, and just put the filter media from the smaller one into the bigger one. If the bigger one has new media that came with the filter, just stick the media from the smaller filter in every nook and corner you can find in the new filter. I wouldn't run two filters - when the fish are stressed, what they don't need is more current that might toss them around. Unless you are severely underfiltered, of course.

Hi Sally, how are your fish doing now? :)

In regards to the bigger filter being added on, I would do that, and just put the filter media from the smaller one into the bigger one. If the bigger one has new media that came with the filter, just stick the media from the smaller filter in every nook and corner you can find in the new filter. I wouldn't run two filters - when the fish are stressed, what they don't need is more current that might toss them around. Unless you are severely underfiltered, of course.

Thanks thats exactly what i did and i was testing my water everyday and everything seem fine :) the only thing is there still hiding...

Thats good about the water parameters being fine - that is the first and most important thing. Are both fish effected by the hiding? There is no more Prazi in the tank at the moment?