Impressive Gf Tank At Lfs

For years there's been a small chain of lfs's in my town. Recently one closed down and I was afraid that they were going to be put out of buisness by the two chain stores that moved in. However, I visited their other location tonight and WOW! :wub:

They have a beautifl koi pond set up and best of all, a HUGE goldie tank that's heavily planted with only a few orandas. I'm really hoping that maybe the owners are aware of how much space goldies need, etc, and they're using the tank to help educate. On a side note, they were charging $70 for the orandas!!! They were ok, but not worth that. I'm thinking goldies might be catching on in this town, I've seen the prices climbing a lot lately.

Guest TBunny

What a treat! I wish we had a shop in town that actually CARED about their fish. I'd probably spend the $70 just to make a statement and support their efforts. I cringe everytime I walk into the chain stores in fear of seeing the sickly miserable fishies. Thanks for sharing :D

Same here Chrissie ...to find a nice size and (I don't mean big .).we are paying more too..The guy I usually go to has gotton outrages!!!..

I'm sort of regretting not dishing out the $40 an lfs here was charging a while back for an awesome calico oranda! It looks like unless I buy small fry, I'm going to have to spend some serious money on my fishies. But considering I don't buy them too often, I'm ok with it :)

Same here Chrissie ...to find a nice size and (I don't mean big .).we are paying more too..The guy I usually go to has gotton outrages!!!..

I'm sort of regretting not dishing out the $40 an lfs here was charging a while back for an awesome calico oranda! It looks like unless I buy small fry, I'm going to have to spend some serious money on my fishies. But considering I don't buy them too often, I'm ok with it :)

I like the bigger fish too ,but after I got pig and pip my little (fat) ranchus from wal~mart ..I like there size I love watching them grow ..and I'm interested to see how these $2.88 fish are going to turn out !! but yes I LOVE big fish and will pay almost anything for that "right fish" :D ...under 200 :blink: ..shhh don't want hubbie to hear

I like there size I love watching them grow ..and I'm interested to see how these $2.88 fish are going to turn out
So true. When I got George (about a year ago) for about $5 he was the most teeny tiny moor I'd ever seen...and now look!!
but yes I LOVE big fish and will pay almost anything for that "right fish" :D ...under 200 :blink: ..shhh don't want hubbie to hear

Hahaha, yes, if I dish out the big bucks for my next fish, I'm sending the bf to the electronics section so he doesn't notice the price ;)

I like the bigger fish too ,but after I got pig and pip my little (fat) ranchus from wal~mart ..I like there size I love watching them grow ..and I'm interested to see how these $2.88 fish are going to turn out !! but yes I LOVE big fish and will pay almost anything for that "right fish" :D ...under 200 :blink: ..shhh don't want hubbie to hear

Sorry for being a bit off topic, but I like the name of one of your ranchus Pip. I also used to have a ranchu named Pip that I picked up from a local independant LFS. I bet yours is a handsome fishie. :D

Sorry for being a bit off topic, but I like the name of one of your ranchus Pip. I also used to have a ranchu named Pip that I picked up from a local independant LFS. I bet yours is a handsome fishie. :D

why thank you :D ..I call her pip it is short for Pipsqueak ...and Pig is short for PigPen ..I call her Pip or pippymcfatty , she is out growing her pipsqueak name :rofl here is a link to some pics Pip is the one that is white with calico and pig is the other

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...c=70377&hl=

Edited by hi-d