Yay Tropicals!

Guest dcninja

Guest dcninja

I've got two small golden tinfoil barbs and a synodontis catfish in my little 10 gal right now... they seem to be doing great! Water temp stays around 75 and it's not even heated (i guess the lighting heats it enough or something since it's small) They're wonderful. I want to cycle my 29 gallon and have a nice tropical tank in there as well. I need some good ideas on how to fill it. Let me know! thanks!

Some syno's get to be 12" also--depends on what kind you have.

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/syn_catfish.html

Looks like you have a good excuse to get a bigger tank now, anyway!! :D

In your 10 gal you could get like 6 zebra danios or 6 neon tetras if you want schooling fish that say small. Or a few male guppies would be another good choice.

For your 29 maybe get 5 silver hatchetfish to school at the top and 5 corydoras for the bottom. Then 3-4 platy males for the middle unless you want babies then it's 2 females for each male. I have had these kinds of fish together in my 20 gal and 16 gal and they all got along great--very peaceful.

Guest dcninja

i've decided to move the three fish I have now to my 29 gallon... could I add anymore to this or will the 29 gal be maxed out with the three fish?