Leaving The Country

Brams

Hey has anyone here decided to fully uproot and move to another country? Please speak up about the experience! Was it difficult? What can one realisitically expect. Which is the best place to go? Where in the world has the least dangerous deep end?

I feel I have run out of options where I am. More and more it feels like the place where I stay is merely a building I live in rather than a proper home. My situation means I cannot receive financial support from my family. All this talk of the credit crunch which I don't fully understand really terrifies me to the point where I am scared to go out and get on with life. I have no motivation to go further with my education, I don't even know what area I would choose. I don't want to live in misery with multiple figure debts and a job that I don't want to do, which seems to be the standard living condition in England. Heck I don't even know what I want to do.

I can't stop thinking about what possibilities could open up if I left Britain. I'm terribly frightened of doing something so big on my own, and if I did leave I'd feel horrid for leaving my goldies behind but I am 19 and have no plans, no desires or career dreams. I currently feel like I am facing brick walls on every side. Everyone is giving me pressure to get on and do something because my 'sister did this and then she did that and blah blah blah why can't you be like her'.

I am very sick and frightened and I've made myself cry just by writing this because I've told no one how hopeless I feel right now.

tuning into an adult with responsibilities is a very scary thing .and nothing is more scary then a young person to be let loose in the world it has become :( ..I feel there is no place you can go to get away from that feeling ..here in Canada is great but we are facing many changes as with the U.S we are losing jobs and inflation just keeps going up and wages are not ..hang tight I have a feeling things are going to get rough in the world and the best thing to do is to surround yourself with the people that love you ..I'm 29 and I still feel like I have things I need to acomplish but can't or havn't ..one thing I have learned is when you think you have grown up you learn a few years later that maybe you havn't and so on and so on ..there really is no best place all countries have pros and cons ..but one thing is that you need to know the country you are moving to and how it works like for instance some countries require for you to pay medical while others don't ..I would try living on your own first close to home to get a taste of it and learn a little about being on your own before relocating to another country where you know no one ..or how about a backpacking trip across Europe ??? :9 ..clear your mind and relax :exactly (thats what I would do)..life is full of oppotunities and they show themselves when you least expect it ..don't let others rush you what they think you should do with your life ..it's your life and thats that

I can sympathize with how you're feeling about living in a building, not a home :(

I've bounced from apartment to apartment for the past 6 years and always make the comment that none of them feel like a home. This time seems to be a little different, but I know where you're coming from for sure.

I don't think it's totally unrealistic for you to think of moving to another country, but first I think you need to decide what your goals are. I'm not talking about being a doctor or anything, just in general. I say this because I know people here in Canada who moved abroad expecting a whole new world, only to find the same problems...money, unfriendly people, etc. etc. However, I do also know people who left and have never looked back, they love the freedom of traveling and seeing the world. I think you just need to take the plunge and make a few big decisions about where you want to take your life. Believe me, I know all about how hard that is, when I had to start doing it I was so afraid, but once I started 'taking the plunge' and making those choices it wasn't so bad!