To Change Or Not To Change

my goldfish just died (he was fighting dropsy and died) a few days ago and will i have to change all my water or will it go away naturally since my tank isnt completely cycled

This thread needs to be combined with the one on the same subject in Diseases and Diagnosis in whichever location a mod feels is the most appropriate. Water Changes

Mac sweetie. We all are sooo excited that you ask so many questions! It's really great that you want to know so much! And we love helping you with every question you ask. When you feel you aren't getting an answer as quickly as you'd like though, it's best to just add another response to your same thread, rather than starting a new one. That will bring your thread back to the top and more visible and it will keep all the information and advice all in one place. :hug

so I will have to do a 100% water change since im pretty sure I caught it early and I put epsom salt into the water and 2 or 3 days after that He.... died :cry1 im pretty sure the infection killed him but I'm not sure

so I will have to do a 100% water change since im pretty sure I caught it early and I put epsom salt into the water and 2 or 3 days after that He.... died :cry1 im pretty sure the infection killed him but I'm not sure

Yes, you should do a 100% water change. Wipe down the sides of the tank well, and wipe out the filter and rinse the media well> Definitely to get rid of the epsom salt as well as any remaining bacteria. I'm sorry again, Mac, about poor Harold.