The Secret To Resisting New Fish....

I've got it, the key to not bringing home new goldies.......no QT tank ;)

I left my spare tank at my sister's house and don't have any immediate plans to set it up. Last night I saw a georgeous fantail who I would have bought in a heartbeat (he was at wallyword and needed some serious TLC)..but guess what, no QT no fish! And here we all were wondering how we'll ever stop buying new fish, what a simple solution :rolleyes:

Definitely one way of doing it! This is how I handle it. I buy accessories, trinkets and treats. I redecorate, I buy interesting combos of frozen foods, or plants. That way, I'm buying something for my fish, but just not fish.

Good plan, Chrissy.

But I have kids who keep their toys in large rubbermaid containers...

("Mom, why are all my toys on the floor, and where did you get the new fish?!?")

But I have kids who keep their toys in large rubbermaid containers...

("Mom, why are all my toys on the floor, and where did you get the new fish?!?")

:rofl
Pshaw... I have an even better solution: DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY IN YOUR WALLET

Haha, yes, but there's always Visa. I guess I should just leave the entire wallet home :P

Definitely one way of doing it! This is how I handle it. I buy accessories, trinkets and treats. I redecorate, I buy interesting combos of frozen foods, or plants. That way, I'm buying something for my fish, but just not fish.

even though I do get new fish .."hey I have another 40g thats sitting empty" :D ..but yes I do the same new foods ,fresh new veggies , new stuff for the fishies..I enjoy that just as much ..I grocery shop with a list for the family and a list for the fishies :rolleyes: ..

It won't work for me..I always have a tote or two or a bowl or a bucket or......anything that can hold water can hold a fish! :r030: Even a car! :gcar:

That didn't work for me. I didn't have a QT but home came Ophie anyway.

However, what I find works is the old "no tank room, no money, going off to art school then coming back home then going back again and can't possibly manage something bigger than a 10G" trick. Doesn't seem to stop me from looking though! :wall Self torture, that's what it is.

Well the truth is, if I could put another fish in my tank I would have bought the fantail anyway and set up a QT tank in about 10 mins flat.....there, you've made me admit it...there really is no stopping me!!! :rofl

Luckily Geroge will have no new fish in his tank, so I'm safe for now....even though I have room for a couple more :cry

Chrissy your secret worked for me because I don't have an empty QT tank at the moment. But now I see all of you with ways around it and it's making my little mind swirl with ideas!!! lol

Chrissy your secret worked for me because I don't have an empty QT tank at the moment. But now I see all of you with ways around it and it's making my little mind swirl with ideas!!! lol

And then of course there is our evil coercion techniques.... :devilangel heheheheh :ehh

Guest Ranchu Addict

You guys are funny. Sorry but I have a 5-6 qt tanks. They are called rubbermaid totes! What keeps me from buying a fish is I buy 1-2 times a year from a vendor and then I get what I really want. This year I am going to a show in hopes of getting a new fish. Another great QT tank? How about the bath tub in the spare bathroom? LOL

Guest Ranchu Addict

Yeah after that lecture, I bid on a fish.....I couldn't resist. It has one of the best tail tucks I have seen. After I bid on it I saw a notice to take 20 percent of the winning bid! So maybe its meant to be....

Edited by Ranchu Addict

Yeah after that lecture, I bid on a fish.....I couldn't resist. It has one of the best tail tucks I have seen. After I bid on it I saw a notice to take 20 percent of the winning bid! So maybe its meant to be....
:rofl yes, you're hooked

On a related note, I was at my sister's yesterday and our dog was really hot. So I dumped a rubbermade I have there full of tank stuff and filled it with water for her to splash in. I couldn't help but notice how good it looked..........and how many gallons it held.......muahahaha