Are Lion Head Goldfish More Prone To Fungal Infections?

Guest Christo7

Guest Christo7

Hi just asking this question because most pet shops where I live tend to say that they're suppliers noticed fungal infections, so they stopped ordering them in from them. But they're my favourite type of fancy goldfish as well! So far I've only seen 1 Lion Head in a tank at a very pet shop from my house, don't think I will get it though unless you advise me whether I should. Thanks

Chris

beacause of their large wens they are more sensitive to poorer water conditions which can causes fungal issues especiallyin the wen areas. However you practice good water conditions they are no more prone to fungus then any of the other fancy goldfish. They need to be kept with similiar types of fish, ranchus, demekins and other slower types of fish in order to get enough food.

As the wen grows, it is common to get small tufts of white - fungus in some cases. This is normal - and it is self limiting in good water. That may be what they were seeing.

So then, this isn't a lionhead issue, per se, it's a wen issue. Any fish with a wen, oranda, ranchu, lionhead, are more susceptible to fungus?

Edited by lynda441