Baby Albino Bristlenose Plecos

Dad:P1030476.jpg

Mom:jfry047.jpg

babies (2 weeks):P1030602.jpg

P1030613.jpg

P1030614.jpg

P1030601.jpg

I think there are about 7 here. I can sell these to our LFS in a few weeks or so since I can't keep them. They are so cute :heart

Oh they are so extremely cute!

My LFS just got a batch of babies, but they are not albino.

Can't believe my giants was that tiny once! :D

The pic of dad clearly shows why they are called Bristlenose Plecos :rofl . Those fry are soooo cute :wub: btw: That is a really big piece of cucumber or very tiny fry :D

I just love the ablino's. I have two and they are growing so slow. But thats ok I really enjoy them.

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures.

• 3 weeks later...

Everywhere I look in the tank there are more babies :krazy: . There are now at least 3 batches and poor Dad is permanently in the cave doing his whoosh fanning thing to air new eggs. There are 2 cm plecs, there are 1 cm plecs and there are dozens of small golden blob-wannabee plecs. They are zipping all over completely oblivious to the 2 huge goldies and the 3 small fry goldies they inhabit the tank with.

I even went to all the trouble of fixing up a breeding box to keep them safe and you know what??? THey ESCAPED!!! Lol, they swam up out of the box and back into the tank...amazing, to do this they must be able to survive out of water for several seconds and even more amazing have no fear of being out of water. Totally stumped by their bravado here :D

Heres one pic of the sole remaining "cautious" one still in the breeder box:P1030761.jpg

He's a keeper ;)

I even went to all the trouble of fixing up a breeding box to keep them safe and you know what??? THey ESCAPED!!! Lol, they swam up out of the box and back into the tank...amazing, to do this they must be able to survive out of water for several seconds and even more amazing have no fear of being out of water. Totally stumped by their bravado here :D

At one time I had a piece of a 2 liter bottle to reduce the current from the filter in one of my tanks. One day I came home to find my male bn pleco had crawled his way up the outside of it...he was "sunbathing" at the top above the tank, totally in the air. And, he did NOT want to leave that place. I eventually had to remove the current modifier because he kept climbing it.

Good luck with all the new arrivals.

Thanks!

I think they're cute too. Am not going to want to take them to sell to the LFS in a month or so :( but go they must. I should be able to keep a few though.

Kusackaid thats interesting you saw one out sunbathing, so this is a plausable theory. (Otherwise it would mean the remaining cutie is not so cute after all and in fact made lunch of his siblings).

Tee Hee, it's a shame you're not closer. Today I bought a handful of albino BNs just like your babies, I'm aiming for another breeding pair but at that size I couldn't sex them so I had to buy nine, they gave me one for free. lol

d*. I wish you were closer Anette. I really would so prefer these babies to go to people that know what they're doing.

aww they're so cute! I got my 2 when they were about an inch long, Mr. Pleco has barely grown, but Prickly has grown lots :D (and Mr. Pleco started out being bigger) I got them both at an auction for $6 total.