Jump to content

Tank Safe Paint


liz_okerson

Recommended Posts

  • Regular Member

IMO, it isn't the paint that is continuously toxic. Once paint dries, all the toxic qualities are gone. Unless, of course you're still using lead paint! lol! But, even with that, the toxic effects come from ingesting the paint chips, not from an odor or gaseous emission of some sort. So, the trick is to seal the painted object and then let it dry long and well. I just paint with an acrylic paint, then use a two part epoxy/acrylic resin to coat my painted decorations. You can get it at a hobby or art store. It will take several coats of the resin to make it thick enough to seal and not peel off. But, once you get that thick resin coating on there, they should be fine. I've had no problems with my painted decorations.

Edited by lynda441
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...