Help! Horrid Ick

As I am still dealing with Fiona and her topsy tervy SBD issues with possbile flukes. A second tank of mine has 2 ill fish with what looks like a horrid case of ick. 2 days ago I noticed it and did a 50% water change than added Ick Out for the 20 gallon tank removing the carbon from the filter of my BioWheel 350. Both the pearlscale and red cap oranda are affected. My perims are completely normal but there is no improvement with the fish. (oh now why is this coming out in italitics??)

So now I am concerned on what else to do. They ate ProGold last night and nothing yet today. SHould I start them on Medi-Gold to keep any secondary infection away?

Ammonia Level? 0

Nitrite Level? 0

Nitrate level? 20

Ph Level, (If possible,KH and GH and chloramines)? 7.2

Ph Level (KH/GH) out of the Tap?7

Brand of test-kit used? (strips or drops?)ApiI Master

[*]Tank size (How many Gals) and How long has it been running?20, 3 years

[*]What is the name and size of the filter/s?BioWheel 350

[*]How often do you change the water and how much?40% once a week

Here are a couple of pics of the fish. They look pitiful!!

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size? (2) 1 1/2 inch pearlscale, 3 inch red cap oranda

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners?Aquaell

[*]Any medications added to the tank?Ick Out

[*]Add any new fish to the tank?Pearlscale a month ago

[*]What do you feed your fish?ProGold, green peas, flakes

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as

"grains of salt",

bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?Grains of Salt, possible fungus

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating,ect..?fins clamped & bottom sitting.

IMG00048.jpg

IMG00049.jpg

I would salt up to 0.3 % that way the salt will kill the ich and hopfully keep bacteria at bay ...remember you need to salt 6 days after the last seen ich falls off and turn up the heat and lot of wc and do not cross contaminate so if you remember to sterilize the equipment after each use so you do not reinfect..as for right now feed good healthy foods like oranges and kiwis all that good stuff..I hope all goes well ..my fingers are crossed

I would salt up to 0.3 % that way the salt will kill the ich and hopfully keep bacteria at bay ...remember you need to salt 6 days after the last seen ich falls off and turn up the heat and lot of wc and do not cross contaminate so if you remember to sterilize the equipment after each use so you do not reinfect..as for right now feed good healthy foods like oranges and kiwis all that good stuff..I hope all goes well ..my fingers are crossed

Thanks a bunch! I am going to salt the tank in just a few minutes. Seems there is some finrot going on too...oh jeez, this sucks!!

Oh dear! More problems to deal with.

You need to change out all the 'Ich Out' before salting. It is a malachite green treatment and shouldn't be used in conjunction with salt.

Do a complete water change, vacuum the gravel very thoroughly and then start salting. You will see ich for several days as they cannot be treated until they fall from the fish and begin to hatch out of the cysts and swim freely.

The ich most likely came in with the new fish. It's highly contagious, so be very careful about cross contamination of other tanks through the sharing of unsterilized equipment.

Oh dear! More problems to deal with.

You need to change out all the 'Ich Out' before salting. It is a malachite green treatment and shouldn't be used in conjunction with salt.

Do a complete water change, vacuum the gravel very thoroughly and then start salting. You will see ich for several days as they cannot be treated until they fall from the fish and begin to hatch out of the cysts and swim freely.

The ich most likely came in with the new fish. It's highly contagious, so be very careful about cross contamination of other tanks through the sharing of unsterilized equipment.

Too late Pixiefish...I lost the fish this morning. :rip:

Scary white spots were found on Sunday evening and by Tuesday evening they passed. Since it began so quickly at lightening speed, it may not have been ick but something else. Several months ago we saw 2 very large blood parrot fish in the lfs with something similar, looking like massive ick. The owner of the store rescued the fish from a customer who brought them in asking what to do. They only lasted a few days never losing the ick like illness.

The tank is in the process of being broken down, bleached, and filters/wheels replaced on the Biowheel 350. I am heartbroken. :(