Shrimp

Anic

Can goldies eat shrimp?

Well, a better question would be, is shrimp safe for goldies?

Larry had some teeny tiny shrimp that he bought forever ago, froze them and then refused to eat them. So I thawed one and cut it into small pieces and fed them, one piece at a time to my "big" fish. They ate them, had to chew for a while, but seemed to like them. Are they safe or should I never feed them shrimp again?

I don ot typically feed my fish straight shrimp and fish - they do seem to have to "chew" them too much. However, it is a good source of protien and quite tasty for the fish. There is no reason why you cannot utilize the shrimp in a batch of gel food.

I use the gel food to feed loads of stuff to my fish that they would not or could not easily alone. I put in all kinds of vegetables, misc. foods that float otherwise, left over fish, shrimp, etc, ......on and on.

I would suggest that if you wish tofeed those shrimp to your fish, that you grind them up into a gel food slurry and go for it.

:)

mmm.... tasty treat. Yeah, gel food or grind 'em up or something so they're not so chunky chewy.

I didn't think to do that! Could I use a blender to mix everything together? (I don't have a food processor)

Hmm.... I'm gonna have to re-find those recipes.