My Supervisor Had An Accident

Quasi

At the moment I'm still a PhD student. This morning I heard that yesterday my supervisor was hit by a car when she was going home by bike. The car driver was drunk as well as speeding. She is still in the intensive care. she has a blood clot and several grazes on her face.The only thing we can do at the moment is wait for more news. The docs have to run some tests before they can decide on what to do.

I didn't think about her empty desk this morning as she told me last Friday that she had to give a lecture in Paris and that she was going to be there from Monday to Wednesday and that I would be so good as to take care of her lizards.

Thats terrible!!!! Drunk Drivers are the worst! I hope there are very tough penalties for it in Belgium. I hope she will be ok. and won't suffer any permanent injury.

I hope they throw the book at the driver that hit her! Drunk Drivers make me so mad!!

She is still unconsious, but her reactions are normal :D . The docs think that the blood clot will solve without problems as it is in not in the head region. She has a small scull fracture, but they said that she will recuperate completely. The docs think that she can leave intensive care tomorow :D

Edited by Quasi

She is in a single room and she answers questions with a clear mind. :D She gets really tired after 10 minutes, but she should recover completely with time and lots of rest. :D Got this info from one of the professors of our research group who visited her today, as he leaves for a congress tomorrow.

According to him: she was very lucky that she hadn't broken more when you consider the speed of the driver

Edited by Quasi

I'm glad to hear she is expected to recover fully.

Not everyone is so lucky.

If it was up to me, the drunk driver would sit in a jail cell at least until your professor was fully recovered.