Back From Vacation

We finally got back tonight after a tedius two days of 12+ hours driving each. The first thing my grandma did when we got back was give me the fish report. No one missed a meal. It sounds like she did come up a third time most days to feed the fry a noon meal. Overall it sounds like everything went as planned, except pig begged a few extra pellets out of her on his fasting day. Tomorrow I will test all the water and start on the waterchanges. I can't do it tonight as one of my room lights is out and the tests don't show well without the sunlight from the skylights.

The fry: The first thing I noticed was how the tank is very, very green again. That was followed shortly with how big they have gotten. It looks like most of them have at least doubled in size again in the last nine days. I need to get some new pictures in the next day or two. More colors are noticible, and it looks like very few to no die offs. (It is hard to get an exact count through the pea soup water.) At least 6 are large enough now to be moved into the larger tank with my almost year old fry/adolescent goldie from last years spawning. Either that, or he will take over the 10 gallon, and all of these will be moved into the bigger tank.

Pig: Has survived the cycle crash that happened a day before I left. He is just as perky and begging for food as ever. He is so good at begging in fact, that my grandma now wants to get a tank for him (bigger I think) where he could be seen by all the guests, and have more room/plants around him. Of all my goldfish Pig seems to have made the most inpact on her.

The "big" tank: Everyone is alive, and apparently perky. The light was off by the time I got home, but it looks as if there might be more spawning happening. I need to look for eggs tomorrow when the light is on.

The "kitchen" tank, and "fry fry's" tank: Both seem pretty much the same as before. Will check for new babies in the kitchen tank tomorrow when I have the light to see them. Fry fry is just as hungry as ever, and still watches TV. The plecos are still playing chicken with each other, and the minnows ignore everyone else.

Edited by kusackaid

So things went well! Its always good to know we can leave our fish and they will be fine..are you able to hire out your grandma as a professional fish sitter (and would she be up for a trip to Japan :D ?)

That is always good news, Kusackaid - especially after 9 long days! Your grandma did well. :thumb:

Fry pictures, please? :D

You have a wonderful grandma that would be so caring, and do it well. Not many fish sitters we can truly trust and sounds like you have a good one!

Oh I forgot to mention, at least two of the calicos are starting to display tiny pearscales. :D I leave for another 5 days next tuesday, but that shouldn't be as big of an ordeal because I can fit the trip between a "normal" waterchange schedule. I just have to change everyone on the same day.

I promise fry pics by friday. Might not have time to get them off the camera before then.

Ooh goody! Pictures! :clapping: