Dandy Orandas Auction...

Acupunk

Has anyone checked out the Dandy Orandas auction that just opened?! It is a big one with some very high-dollar and beautiful fish. Ken just got a new shipment of fish and these fish seem to be some of his top picks. My favorite is the Zebra Lionhead. What about you?

Here's the link:

https://www.goldfishconnection.com/auction/...mp;act=showroom

Wow such gorgeous fish. I love the Blue Ranchu! WOW! And the chocolate/lavender butterfly moor, the black/white butterfly moor, and especially the lavender cream butterfly moor. Wow I would love to get fish like that one day. I don't think I could ever afford it. And even if I could I would be scared to spend so much afraid that they would get sick! Maybe sometime in the very far away future when I know a little bit more! (moor! ha! k lame joke I know but I had to! lol)

Is there a place where you could get a nice variety of fish, but smaller and not neccessarily show quality? I would love to have one of those moors closer to Angel's size to keep her company : ) I've seen some suggestions before but so far most places are either very expensive fish, or pretty common types.

Is there a place where you could get a nice variety of fish, but smaller and not neccessarily show quality? I would love to have one of those moors closer to Angel's size to keep her company : ) I've seen some suggestions before but so far most places are either very expensive fish, or pretty common types.

I think that depends on your budget. Both Tommy and Ken do get some smaller "pet quality" fish, but the trouble with any fish that has to be shipped is that packing/shipping ranges from $65-$95, depending on who you're buying from. If $120-$150 is more than you are able to spend, then I would recommend that you be persistent looking at your LFS. Some of the smaller/Mom & Pop stores will try to special order certain types of fish if you ask, but you may have to wait a number of weeks until they can put together a minimum order. And sometimes you just get lucky -- Betsy is a Pets*Mart fish. I paid $23.99 for her.

The more I stare at them the more I've decided on the Lavender Cream Moor. Wow!

I see what you are saying Kristen. That is a lot for shipping. Well worth it for some but also something that for someone like me who is new seems a bit steep. Maybe I will go sit outside downtown with a plastic cup and pretend I am homeless then use the money for a goldfish. Oh this reminds me of a story I want to share on chatterbox. LOL Thank goodness for that forum!!!

I am in love with the guy from Lot 10.

Whoa!! The fishy from Lot 34 is different! I have never seen anything like it. Just the way the camara grabs the picture, it almost makes the fish look like a Japanese anime character. I like him.

Oh my, what beautiful fish!! It is a bit tough to get used to the funky shape of those new ryukirans, but somehow they look adorable! :heart And those 2 short tail ryukin! The calico broadtail ryukin in lot # 17 has some stunning coloration as well.

Acupunk, you actually expect me to pick out just ONE fish? :thud:rofl2

Wow, so many beautiful fish! If only I had the money... or the tank space... or wasn't going off to art school where I'm not even sure if I can bring a ten gallon... *sigh*.

These are a few of my favorites anyway, even if I can't have them:

http://www.goldfishconnection.com/uploads/...UC_109_49_1.JPG

http://www.goldfishconnection.com/uploads/.../AUC_109_33.JPG

http://www.goldfishconnection.com/uploads/.../AUC_109_30.JPG

http://www.goldfishconnection.com/uploads/.../AUC_109_30.JPG

http://www.goldfishconnection.com/uploads/.../AUC_109_34.JPG And this little oddling. Love it!

On the DVD that Ken has that show all the auction fish as well as many many that he has that are simply for sale - not auction - he has several tanks of what he calls "mixed bargains". In those groups - and they are usually simply fish that are left over from a group before or do not fit into any specific category for a "Tank of Red Ranchu" for example. They are $19, $39. and $49. @ in those tanks - and there are some really pretty fish in there - there are one or two that I think I could do well with in show! You might want to give Ken a call and see if you can find a "dream fish" in those groups - for you can bet they are really nice fish, fairly good examples of their breeds (better than fish shops and such) and very healthy. Ken has GREAT health in his fish.

You can request a DVD of all the fish for $5...... I find them super just to watch, even if I am not buying.

There were 2 in there I was willing to "buy" (I hate bidding), but the bidding has already driven them up past the "Buy Now" feature, so I guess I have lost those fish. Just as well, though, I guess..... Ken gets more money and I do not spend money I really do not have at this time.

***dreaming of RYukins.....and Black Ranchu***

On the DVD that Ken has that show all the auction fish as well as many many that he has that are simply for sale - not auction - he has several tanks of what he calls "mixed bargains". In those groups - and they are usually simply fish that are left over from a group before or do not fit into any specific category for a "Tank of Red Ranchu" for example. They are $19, $39. and $49. @ in those tanks - and there are some really pretty fish in there - there are one or two that I think I could do well with in show! You might want to give Ken a call and see if you can find a "dream fish" in those groups - for you can bet they are really nice fish, fairly good examples of their breeds (better than fish shops and such) and very healthy. Ken has GREAT health in his fish.

But don't you still have to pay for shipping? Ken does a fabulous job with packing and shipping, but last time I checked it added $95.00 to the cost of a fish (at least to Texas).

I just found the DVD and was thinking of getting one just to watch them, even if I can't buy like you said!

Right now I have been ignoring my urge to check the fish in the stores. I know that since my empty tanks are not cycled, and that I am still closely monitoring the three fish I have, it would just not be smart to get any more fish. I've gone back to the store a few times knowing that I could ONLY look if I promised myself not to buy. I saw a really cute lionhead. He asked to come home with me but I had to tell him no lol.

I think that the prices seem very reasonable considering the quality of fish. It sounds like something I would consider once I have more time to devote, and well established tanks. With all of the ups and downs with my tanks I want to focus on them right now. Everyday I watch them to notice any signs of change. I feel like getting a new fish right now would be too much work for me, and not fair to the fish and it would have to go in an uncycled tank. It's good though, otherwise I would be bidding on a lavender cream moor which is probably going to end up WAAAAAAY out of my price range LOL Somewhere down the road I see myself having to give Ken a call..(poor guy!)

I love that first white matte ryukin. I love matte. And I love the eyes on that dragon eye! But, even if I could afford any of these, I just don't have room for a critter this big! I need a 2" gf right now and that's it. A 2" chocolate pom pom oranda to be specific. No, I don't want much....

thanks alot....now i just keep going back to the site drooling! watching the fish disappear one by one from the auction. now i have to ring out the towel under my chin, thanks again

they are some great looking fish though arent they?! i cant pick the one i like most, sorry i just wanted to yell at you acupunk

thanks alot....now i just keep going back to the site drooling! watching the fish disappear one by one from the auction. now i have to ring out the towel under my chin, thanks again

Emptywallet, if you want to add some more insult to your drooling, check out the gallery at Goldfishconnection. Those are all the fish Rick and Ken have sold in auctions. Just bring a few extra towels... :whistle

I don't even look anymore ,cause he dosn't ship to Canada!!! so it is pure torture for me!!!!!!!

i hear ya heidi, i wish i could get it for ya and send them back out. right now i dont have the means to repack them for that trip, alot different then just resending a package. i wonder if, after you go to sempai and get some fish if he would be willing to broker something for you since he is listed on ricks site and all. just a thought

Emptywallet, if you want to add some more insult to your drooling, check out the gallery at Goldfishconnection. Those are all the fish Rick and Ken have sold in auctions. Just bring a few extra towels... :whistle

ok, you are gonna get yelled at too, lol. there has been many moons, staying up all night, that i have drooled over those pgs. was borrowing the neighbors towels, now they wont let me borrow a cup of sugar. but, theres a difference with a live auction and ones from the past. kinda like looking at a book for me with the past ones, but you are still on my list for reminding me about them though. and whistle all you want, you knew what you were doing!

Edited by emptywallet

Guest Ranchu Addict

Ok who bought the black one? I was eyeballing that one. I am going to go to the Spokane show in August and see if I can find something special. If not I'll be ordering from Ken. My last two fish came from him and I can say is he's the best.Maybe I'll sell my kids......hmmm

Edited by Ranchu Addict

Maybe I'll sell my kids......hmmm

hahahah i got a nine yr old, a new fresh from the package 8 wk old and a five month old dog, all boys. would make good workers round the ponds! i think between us, we can work something out, think they would go for it? shall we split shipping? hahaha

emptywallet:..I think andrew from the fish sempai does deal with gf connection on some level and I'm sure he has a lot of beauties!!!..I just wish he would post more of what is avaliable ..so I to can drool knowing the fact I can HAVE that fish :rofl ...I think he know us goldfish peeps are immpulsive and cannot resist so he brings you to the farm with you thinking that you are only going to get one fish to bringing home many!! :D