Half Swollen Oranda

ITHURTZ

I have a red cap oranda and while moving them out of there kiddie pool into there new house I noticed he has a bulge on his left side. The scales are not popping out or anything like that. Its just a buldge. He is "swimming" currently but sometimes he likes to sit in the corner and just chill. Iv googled this and everything but all I find are pine cones which my guy does not. This buldge also makes his tail curve a bit to the right. Any ideas?

Could be eggs. Female fish. Or it could be an internal cyst or growth or swollen kidney. To help us get a better idea could you fill out some more details on your set up including water params if you know them and water changing schedule/ other fish/what you feed them/any recent meds or disease etc and so on :)

I really didnt wanna fill any of that out because everything is perfect. The usual 0 0 and whatever nitrates are before water change so 30 or so.

Water change once a week 50-80%

Fish in sig

They eat hikari chiclid pellets, green and red, tropical crisps, shrimp pellets etc

Never had a disease or any kind with these guys over the past 3 years. The only thing that has been happening is the 3 fancies have been spawning like crazy for the past month, so maybe I got to thinking something happened there. I think it might be a male, not 100% sure.

Well if they have been spawning like crazy could the fish not be female? If the eggs are not released they get bundled up inside exactly like this on one side and the fish hovers at the surface. A sudden drop in temperature (you can try a huge water change this works too) often gets the eggs released or you can try epsom salt- just a very little can help release fluids and the eggs along with them.

I dosed a little salt on sunday, then I did a big dose last night. Here are the current pics of I am assuming, her.

1007952qj0.jpg

1007950eh7.jpg

1007949za1.jpg

1007948yu2.jpg

1007947fp1.jpg

She swims, moves, eats etc. But likes to sit in the corner away from the current for the most part of the day.

RIP

she bit the dust, and she took my 8 yo male common with her and my 11", 10", and 9" tin foils with her. Doing a MASSSSIVE water change as I speak. Amazing what could happen when you dont catch it fast.