My Fry - Pics

Guest spawn

Guest spawn

Following from my topics on my three broods of baby fry from my pond.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=70914

Heres some pics (albeit taken with my mobile - as I don't have digital camera)

This one was taken in mid-June of my 1st brood

xx46u.jpg

Heres some I've tried to take today (but the fish just think its feeding time if i go anywhere near the tank - hence blurry).

4se43m.jpg

xcuhbd.jpg

10dbmsz.jpg

14b88b6.jpg

11imwj8.jpg

2nd Brood - These were taken end june when I was doing a slow water change

25008w2.jpg

24v4r39.jpg

Since its not past midnight here in the UK, I've not been able to take any of my 2nd brood or 3rd brood as its too dark. I'll try to get some tomorrow in the Sun.

Plus I've also noticed, I've got many many more of my 2nd and 3rd broods still in the pond. I put in a container 3inches across and put it in the weed and got around half a dozen. And looking closely there could be another couple of hundred fry in the weed. I might try to get some pics of those.

Edited by spawn

Guest spawn

Thx.

My biggest issue at the moment has been culling deformed ones.

With my first batch, it means killing them humanely myself. It appears that one of the breeding fish must have a slight tail deformity that has passed onto about 1 in 20 of my first batch.

With deformed ones in my other batches, after the initial difficulty of catching them. The simply provide a good snack for my first brood.

I wouldn't get them use to eating each other :unsure: - there may be a cannibal outbreak! I know its nature and all but there are other ways to cull IMO.

:Congrats: on the fry, I've never seen so many in one batch.

Guest spawn

more pics.

Heres my pond. Most the lilypads you'll see are about a 6-8inchs in diameter. Got quite a few buds that are due to flower (when the sun comes back to the UK)

The pond is about 3000 gallons. 8ft x 4ft x 4ft.

1907080131dt8.jpg

The L shape I've highlighted here, is my bank of oxygenating weed. Its grown masses so far (despite taking about bunches each week for my tanks, and giving a bucket full to my neighbour).

xxvc6.png

Its absolutely full of babies still. Not surprising as the weed is very dense. The koi et al are all trying to eat them. But whilst I'm tempted to put them in a tub/planter that I've got in the garage, I've decided to leave them there for now.

Batch 2 Babies (Hatched Beginning june)

1407081925oz7.jpg

1407081926dg5.jpg

1407082241qb6.jpg

1407082303gy1.jpg

A few bigger ones that are starting to feed on the smaller ones. Unfortunately I'm out of containers/tanks.

1807082122ko8.jpg

1807082123xy6.jpg

1807082124nu4.jpg

Batch 3 Babies (Hatched end june/beginning july)

1407081902og5.jpg

2004081901wl7.jpg