I Learned Something About My Fluval!

Well, Don't I feel like a clone! Every now & then I clean my filters. Of course I rotate (I run 2 AQ110s & a Fluval 104 on my 90 gallon tank) always leaving two alone when I give one a good cleaning!

I have almost always had trouble priming my Fluval. Sometimes it would get REALLY frustrating!! Like today for example. I COULD NOT get it to prime!! I had pumped until I was about ready to chunk the darn thing right in the trash (I wouldn't have done it.....but it seemed like a good idea at the time!)

I asked my hubby to help me before I went totally nuts. He looked up the manual online (Smarty britches!) I have always filled the filter with water then primed it to go! W E L L, you ain't s'posed to do that! It should be empty & it will prime pretty quickly!!

I COULD KICK MYSELF! I have NEVER even looked at the manual! (It was given to me used, but STILL!!) :rolleyes:

I just thought I would post this so others can learn from my frustrated mistake!!

((Yet another example......If at first you don't succeed......READ THE DIRECTIONS!!!)) :bingo:

Thats funny, I have 2 405s and a 205. For the life of me I cannot get them primed unless I do fill them with water. I actually read the directions, I pumped and pumped and pumped some more till finally I said "forget this, I'm filling this stupid thing with water". Then Wah La, 3 or 4 pumps and she is flowing. They are pretty easy to prime though if the lines are full of water already and the tank is full.

It is REALLY working great now!! I think it was WAY past due for a good cleaning.

It is RREALLY pumping some water, much better flow than I ever remember from it!