Jack Of Hearts

:rip: My beloved Jack(Jack of Hearts) passed on this morning. :cry1

As some of you know, he has been handicapped for over a year now. He lost the use of his swim bladders and his ability to float. I tried everything imaginable to try to cure him, to no avail. I want to thank Lolafish, Toothless, Pixie, Beemo, and last but not least, my dear friend Trinket for all their wonderful advices they gave me to help Jack.

I did what I could to make his life as a handicapped fish as easy as possible but I know his life for the last year and a half couldn't have been too much fun as he was such an active fish when he was healthy. He was also the smartest fish I have ever seen. He was the only fish I knew that could totally mimick another fish. It was amazing to watch him mimick Sosh all the time.

Sosh always was by his side the whole year and a half Jack was sick. Even when I came to take Jack away, Sosh was right by his side. Jack never floated to the top. Even after death, he was still at the bottom.

I got Jack & Sosh as a surprise Christmas gift back in 2003. :blink::krazy: They were my first pet Goldfishes. :)

I buried Jack in my backyard right by the brook. Rest in peace Jack. :rip: I'm sorry I couldn't do more for you.

Jack in his better days watching Sosh do a flip. :D

2005_0825Image0037.jpg

Jack when he was sick. :( All the gravel and oranaments were removed shortly thereafter to make it easy for Jack to skim the bottom.

2005_08282007_0602001.jpg

Sosh loved Jack and was always by his side. :)

2005_08282007_0602004.jpg

I'm SO sorry to hear about Jack :(:cry

As the 'mom' of another handicapped fish, I know how it breaks your heart to see them like that. You really did a great job caring for him when many would have opted for euthanisia. You should be proud of giving him the great life he had!

I'm SO sorry to hear about Jack :(:cry

As the 'mom' of another handicapped fish, I know how it breaks your heart to see them like that. You really did a great job caring for him when many would have opted for euthanisia. You should be proud of giving him the great life he had!

Thank you so much for the kind words Chrissy! :) He always had an appetite and got excited during feeding time so I knew he still had the will to live. He did not touch the food last night at all for the first time so I knew the end was near. :(

Awww... those pics made me so sad! You are a credit to what it takes to be a good fishkeeper. I'm so sorry. Swim in Peace Jack! :tou

I'm so sorry about Jack. He was a beautiful fish. Poor Sosh, she looks like she is really going to be lost without him. It's cute but also sad the way she was right next to him.

:rip: Jack.

I'm so sorry about Jack. He was a beautiful fish. Poor Sosh, she looks like she is really going to be lost without him. It's cute but also sad the way she was right next to him.

Thank you CountryLovah. Yeah those two were always best buddies from day one.

That is just so sad. You must have done quite a lot to keep Jack doing so well all this time. Poor Sosh, I am sure she will miss her friend. Jack was a beautiful fish.

That is just so sad. You must have done quite a lot to keep Jack doing so well all this time. Poor Sosh, I am sure she will miss her friend. Jack was a beautiful fish.

Thank you lantern567. With the help of all the wonderful people here, we did everything we could for Jack. He actually did very well for the last 6 month despite being pretty much handicapped.

:cry1 I am so sorry. What a sad day..

I don't think he would have had such a beautiful, happy life with anyone else but you and Sosh. You both, clearly gave him the will to fight and live so long as he did. It isn't easy keeping a handicapped fish and many people won't do it. You always tried to improve his life in small ways and were always asking questions and learning more about how you could help him. He was so very loved.

Now he's at peace and swimming again somewhere. Feel proud that you were such an awesome owner and know you did more than 100% of everything you could have for him :heart

:cry1 I am so sorry. What a sad day..

I don't think he would have had such a beautiful, happy life with anyone else but you and Sosh. You both, clearly gave him the will to fight and live so long as he did. It isn't easy keeping a handicapped fish and many people won't do it. You always tried to improve his life in small ways and were always asking questions and learning more about how you could help him. He was so very loved.

Now he's at peace and swimming again somewhere. Feel proud that you were such an awesome owner and know you did more than 100% of everything you could have for him :heart

Thank you Imogen. Thank you for all your help with Jack and for being such a wonderful friend! :heart

Oh Fumi... :cry1

I don't know what to say... I'm so sorry. :k055: Your care for Jack was absolutely amazing. I remember his thread before I even joined Koko's, when I was just lurking. He knows how much you love him. How much all around him cared and still care for him. He was a fighter. He knew he had a good life with you, and wanted to stay as long as he could.

I know it's sad when it's sudden. They entangle themselves so much into our lives and hearts. :wub: I hope you find comfort knowing that he's free of the problems that he had here on earth, and is free to swim any way he wishes. Maybe he'll meet up with Smokey or Jou-chan, or other members fish as well.

:rip: Rest in Peace, dear Jack. You are one well loved fish. Loved by many - who watched your desire to live.

We are proud to have known your through your Papa. :exactly

I hope you're doing okay, Fumi. It gets easier - in time. :hug

Debbie

I'm sorry to hear about Jack, he was one of those special fish. You gave him a better life than he could have had anywhere else. I think it's wonderful that you cared about him so much.

Swim in Peace Jack, you will be missed.

Oh Fumi... :cry1

I don't know what to say... I'm so sorry. :k055: Your care for Jack was absolutely amazing. I remember his thread before I even joined Koko's, when I was just lurking. He knows how much you love him. How much all around him cared and still care for him. He was a fighter. He knew he had a good life with you, and wanted to stay as long as he could.

I know it's sad when it's sudden. They entangle themselves so much into our lives and hearts. :wub: I hope you find comfort knowing that he's free of the problems that he had here on earth, and is free to swim any way he wishes. Maybe he'll meet up with Smokey or Jou-chan, or other members fish as well.

:rip: Rest in Peace, dear Jack. You are one well loved fish. Loved by many - who watched your desire to live.

We are proud to have known your through your Papa. :exactly

I hope you're doing okay, Fumi. It gets easier - in time. :hug

Debbie

Hehe I didn't know you lurked and read Jack's long thread before you joined. After you joined, I remember giving each other words of encourqements on Jack & Smokey's threads. Thank you so much Debbie. You are a wonderful and kind person. :)

I'm sorry to hear about Jack, he was one of those special fish. You gave him a better life than he could have had anywhere else. I think it's wonderful that you cared about him so much.

Swim in Peace Jack, you will be missed.

Thank you so much Chickey! Jack is lucky to have so many people who care. :)

Hehe I didn't know you lurked and read Jack's long thread before you joined. After you joined, I remember giving each other words of encourqements on Jack & Smokey's threads. Thank you so much Debbie. You are a wonderful and kind person. :)

You're the one who spotted the cotton in Smokey's mouth, remember? Everyone else saw it then, too (except me!) and Trinket realized that it was columnaris.

I still owe you one! :rolleyes::hug

Debbie

You're the one who spotted the cotton in Smokey's mouth, remember? Everyone else saw it then, too (except me!) and Trinket realized that it was columnaris.

I still owe you one! :rolleyes::hug

Debbie

Of course I remember. A lot of new Koko friendships were formed out of those two threads. I didn't realy do anyting, all I did was point out something weird inside his mouth. The lovely Ms. Trinket was the one that diagnosed it and did all the work. :D

am so sorry to read about Jack he was a beautiful fish and certainly he was a character that gorgeous face of his could never be forgotton. You were a wonderful mom to him and gave him the best life he could wish for and Sosh was such a wonderful support and friend to him during his illness. I hope you feel better soon :hug

:rip: Jack be at peace little guy and watch over your mom an sosh and all those you have left behind :cry1

am so sorry to read about Jack he was a beautiful fish and certainly he was a character that gorgeous face of his could never be forgotton. You were a wonderful mom to him and gave him the best life he could wish for and Sosh was such a wonderful support and friend to him during his illness. I hope you feel better soon :hug

:rip: Jack be at peace little guy and watch over your mom an sosh and all those you have left behind :cry1

Thank you so much for the kind words Frazer! :)

I gotta give credit to Sosh. He was always by his buddy till the end.

Oh, that's so sad.

Sad pictures...

I know fish care about other, sick fish. I have experienced that too.

I am so sorry.