Ammonia In My Tap Water

I have ammonia in my tap at around 0.25-0.50 which is a real pain in the ---. But that seems REALLY insanely high. I know in that case there are other water options but I am not familiar with them. Reverse Osmosis water I believe???

One thing someone suggested to me recently was keeping a rubbermaid with a cycled filter and letting it run always. That way you could use water from that tub for your water changes, (and make sure the readings are down to zero ammonia before you use it) and that way you are never exposing your fish to ammonia at such high levels. Good luck with your water!!

It is a big pain in the ---! When I do a w/c in my 10g I can use cycled water from my 55g; when I want to do a major w/c in my 55g it sucks! The cycled rubbermaid is a good idea, now to come up with a space for it.....

Yeah I know that's my problem!! I think I have turned the spare bedroom into a fish mad house!! We were SUPPOSED to make it where it could be used as a guest room with SOME storage. Now its rubbermaids, tanks, testing stuff, buckets. It's funny. I've got a QT tank in there. And that's where I always am now when I am online. Sitting in the middle of fish craziness on the floor with my laptop!!!

Right now I have tanks ALL over the place, it's crazy. Spare bedroom has the 38 gallon, and a 10 gallon QT. Living Room has the 29 gallon. Dining Room temporarily has a 10 gallon QT. My daughters bedroom has two 2.5 gallon betta tanks, and right now two 5 gallons which I am going to move soon once I can figure out WHERE. The family room has a 5 gallon tropical. Then in between the living room and dining room there is a 20 gallon hermit tank. Then in the "computer room" which is this small room we built when we had an addition put on, well in there is the bunny. The dog stays upstairs in the attic addition which is where my bedroom & "kid free" living area is lol. The one cat has the entire place. And unfortunatly my oldest cat is in the laundry room right now. He is getting old, and has stopped using the litter box unless it's in a small space. It really is like a zoo... I saw a cute lizard thing the other day though..... soooo.. nah not really! I'm good!!!

Right now I have tanks ALL over the place, it's crazy. Spare bedroom has the 38 gallon, and a 10 gallon QT. Living Room has the 29 gallon. Dining Room temporarily has a 10 gallon QT. My daughters bedroom has two 2.5 gallon betta tanks, and right now two 5 gallons which I am going to move soon once I can figure out WHERE. The family room has a 5 gallon tropical. Then in between the living room and dining room there is a 20 gallon hermit tank. Then in the "computer room" which is this small room we built when we had an addition put on, well in there is the bunny. The dog stays upstairs in the attic addition which is where my bedroom & "kid free" living area is lol. The one cat has the entire place. And unfortunatly my oldest cat is in the laundry room right now. He is getting old, and has stopped using the litter box unless it's in a small space. It really is like a zoo... I saw a cute lizard thing the other day though..... soooo.. nah not really! I'm good!!!

Wow...that is a lot of animals! I thought having 2 running tanks was pushing it....You're probably right, you may have enough creatures for now....though there is always room for one more....