Horatio Passed Away

He came into my life on February 26, 2006. I was at wallyworld and was peeping into the Betta cups when I saw one that was particularly unusual in coloration. He was white/pink with stunning blue eyes. I had to have him, and I brought him home with me. My mom was with me, and we named him Horatio while we were sitting in the parking lot because he was so similar to the character on CSI: Miami.

We had a long time together, he got to know us and every morning he would swim happily to the front of his tank and wiggle for food. He loved freeze dried blood worms dearly, they were his favorite snack.

Today, about two hours ago Horatio left us so that he could swim in that giant pond in the sky. Sweet Horatio, I'm just sorry I couldn't do more for you. I hope that your final days were not full of suffering and pain. You were with me for over two years, so I know it was just your time to go.

I watched him pass, he was laying in the bottom of the tank breathing very slowly, then his front fins started twitching a little. In just a few moments he stopped twitching, and I knew he was gone.

He is buried in our flowerbed beside of the house, where we place all of the animals that pass from this life.

:rip: Dear Horatio. You will be sorely missed.

000_0019.jpg

100_0251.jpg

Horatio.jpg

Edited by Lady_D

I'm sorry about Horatio. He was a gorgeous looking fish. It's nice that you have a place where you bury them all, that way you can always feel they are with you. I was hoping Horatio would get better.. RIP Horatio.. You were loved very very much.

Thanks for the comments guys, they made me all misty eyed!

Sorry I have not been around much this weekend, I have been down in the dumps about a couple things, and this is one of the major parts.

But, life goes on.

I still haven't taken his tank down and cleaned it up yet. I will probably get myself another betta, I love them dearly. But, I just want to take a couple of days first.

Some would think I am totally insane for grieving over a fish, but you guys understand.

<3 you all!!!

I'm sorry it was his time Michelle. You gave him a long and happy life. I was hoping he would make a recovery but he was old and it seems he passed peacefully.

Horatio - so pretty :rip:

Some would think I am totally insane for grieving over a fish, but you guys understand.

[/color]

Of course it's perfectly normal to grieve over the passing of your beloved pet.

I'm sorry for you loss. Horatio was a gorgeous fish. :cry1

Rest in peace Horatio. :rip:

I understand completely.. I was lying in bed the other night trying to sleep and started thinking about the fish I lost before koko's and started to cry. Some of them I had a very short period of time and it still brings me to tears. So it must be all that much harder for you (and your mom) to have lost Horatio. It's always sad when someone loses a fish on here, but for whatever reason certain threads/fish stick out from time to time and Horatio was one for me.. I was hoping you would have a bit longer, but I guess it was the time. Again, sorry.

Horatio was beautiful. Especially that last picture with the pinks and reds against the backdrop of greens and his long, flowing fins. Just breathtaking. It takes a special person to love animals, and especially fish, and many people don't understand that love. But you are among friends here who do most certainly understand and we all share in your grief at this time. I'm so sorry. Swim in Peace Horatio. :tou