Water De-chlorinator Question!

question- i usually use API's stress coat (for fresh or saltwater) to treat my tank water.

i just went to my lfs today and they were out of the one i usually buy, but had a "marine" version of stress coat available. i bought it anyway, but am not sure if i should use it in my moor's water. is there anything i should be aware of before adding this to my tank water?

should i return it and wait until they have the freshwater one available, or is it safe to use it?

i just realized this question shouldve been in the water quality section.

feel free to move it- sorry about that =]

if someone informed on this topic could reply asap, that would be great, i need to do a water change today, and if i need to get a different one, i have to head down to the other lfs before it closes!

thank you ^_^

I haven't used the marine stress coat, so I can't say from personal experience, but in doing a little research, it says that the freshwater can be used for marine fish and invertebrates, but that it may cause foaming when used with a protein skimmer. The marine stress coat says that it will not cause foaming when used with a protein skimmer, so, as far as I can deduce, the only difference between the two is that the marine has a non-foaming additive. Based on my limited research, I would guess it's okay to use.