Why Green Water/green Algaes Are Good For Your Gf

Someone gave me this article about the keeping goldfish in green water. You might change your mind of trying get rid of the green algaes in your tank after reading the article.

I found this article is very interesting and probably helpful in our gf keeping hobby. You GF is going to love you if you keep them in green water.

The Green Water

Well yes BUT.

There is a big difference between cultivated green water and the kind of green algae that people get in their tanks. GW green water is not so easy to achieve for most people with indoor tanks but green algae is. GW is suspended spirulina, it is not attcahed to the tank sides like the algae that many people talk about.

Yeah, they are different and you are correct.

But I thought green algae would be a good food source for the Goldies including the long hairy algaes, no? I could be wrong.

My pond water is far from pea-soup, I can see the bottom (30 inches), but it is green. And I do not want it crystal-clear. I also have some filiament algae growing on the rocks and river jack. (Sometimes I have MUCH more than I want.) The fish seem to love it and are constantly nibbling on it.