Sign in to follow this  
misty_blue16137

Oh Good Grief!

So I get up this morning and turn on the light on Skye and Black Velvet for the first time since they came and what do I see? EGGS!! Scattered all over the place,lol. Took me a minute to realize what the heck was all over the tank. I suspect the Telescope is the female as she (?) has been doing more resting than the Oranda and looks a bit slimmer this morning. They are happily cleaning them up so hopefully won't have to do much myself.

Kathy

Hehe. Congratulations! Your fish are happy fish. Especially now they get to eat the product :rofl

Watch out for nitrite spikes over the next few days (I sometimes get them with eggs) and be sure you do not feed them today!

Aren't you tempted to keep a few :D ?

Thanks, I think, lol. Nope, not tempted at this point. :rolleyes: Maybe someday. Will definately watch for a nitrite jump.

Kathy

...... :rofl I thought they looked reeeaaalll happy in the video ..and I was wondering if the Oranda was getting a little frisky with the tele in the back corner of the video at one point... :heart

Guess I better check out my own video,lol.

Kathy

Oh my goodness! Eggs can be freaky when you first see them! When my gf laid their one and only, my bf was disgusted by the look of them... they are kinda disgusting looking... I'm with you and knowing I don't want any little fry running around. What to do with all of them?! As Gomer Pyle said, "Suhprahz, Suhpraz, Suhpraz!" Oh Lord! Did I date myself with that one?!

I've never seen eggs and there's been a lot of talk about them lately and I am so curious to see what they look like. However judging from everyone saying how messy and gross they are maybe I should be glad I haven't seen them lol

Sue,

There are still a few left on the plant so tried to get a pic. You can see itty bitty round things if you look really close. That's them,lol.

7-11-08005.jpg

Kathy

Thanks for the pic!!! And here I was thinking "would I know if there were eggs?" Clearly yes!!!! lol Very messy but if thats a sign of a healthy fish, then that's very good.. I think i would be tempted to save a few lol Not that you need any more work but I would be so curious..

I've never seen eggs and there's been a lot of talk about them lately and I am so curious to see what they look like. However judging from everyone saying how messy and gross they are maybe I should be glad I haven't seen them lol

My fish didn't have plants to drop the eggs on, so they just "plopped" 'em on the rocks. They looked like a pile of watered down tapioca.