Godzilla Had A Foul Temper This Morning

Quasi

I bought new food, but again this is stuff that floots and to make it even worse the pieces are huge, almost as big as the heads of my little ones :tantrum So I cut it up and let it soak (useless), pour it in the tank and everything just bobs to the surface. So all my fish are looking around hungry. At that moment Godzilla decided that all the food must have gone because Fred has got it all, so she starts to pick on her, following her through the entire tank. :krazy: Fred doesn't understand a thing of it, "what have I done?" :( , luckely she just evades Godzilla.

When I notice it, I get some algea wafers (while ranting about the new food :tantrum ), break them up in small pieces, soak em and pour them in the tank. In 3 seconds the tank is a peacefull place again.

I do not understand. Godzilla has always been a very nice fish. :( Mayby she has gotten used to a certain amount of breakfast, and she gets annoyed when she can't get her usual share? Like when there is food I diserve the biggest part? :blink:

Anyone has had similar expiriences?

edit: I just remembered that Fred has had a scrape on her head a while ago. Maybe because she was being chased and bumped in to somthing?

Edited by Quasi

Guest Isilme

I had the same with my gourami in my tropical tank. He (or she) always used to chase the other fish during feeding. When I was cycling a new tank, I put him there as the first fish all alone as a "punishment" and it seems that he understood why he was there, because now he's much more calmer.

I think in gf there is this hierarchy (just as in almost all other animals) and you can't do much about this. Just make sure everyone has enough food so they don't need to fight, then I'll think it will be ok.

(maybe you shouldn't have named her Godzilla, you know, the big sea monster that wants to eat everything... :P;) )

I think in gf there is this hierarchy (just as in almost all other animals) and you can't do much about this. Just make sure everyone has enough food so they don't need to fight, then I'll think it will be ok.

I had figured that out already, hence the algae wafers :P . So tomorrow I'm off to the lfs for the 'old food' *sigh*

After the move the tank lights will be repaired and then I'll go planted with that one also. Maybe she becomes calmer when she can rip up plants? :blink:

(maybe you shouldn't have named her Godzilla, you know, the big sea monster that wants to eat everything... :P;) )

Yeah maybe, but at the name giving time she was really huge compared to the others and it suits her. I think she is just living up to her name :P;) .

I bought the 'old' food again and gave everyone their normal share of breakfast. No arguments this time :D

I wanted to change food because the only decent sinking food that I have found so far is colour enhancing. Not that I mind it, but it is slowly turning the white belly of my Sarassa completely orange and I rather liked her colours :(

It annoys me that all the good goldfish is color enhancing, because by "color-enhancing" they mean it enhances the ORANGE color, and my fish is black, I am afraid if I give it to him, it will turn him orange, or at least brown/yellow, which I guess wouldn't be so bad, but I bought him because I wanted a black goldfish (call me a rebel) and I read on Koko's before I got him about fishes of the month and found out that black moors stay pretty much black their whole life, although Hitomi DOES have a silvery white belly, I can't help that, but i don't want to make it worse... are there any good goldfish foods I can give him that WON'T enhance his (gold) color?

It annoys me that all the good goldfish is color enhancing, because by "color-enhancing" they mean it enhances the ORANGE color, and my fish is black, I am afraid if I give it to him, it will turn him orange, or at least brown/yellow, which I guess wouldn't be so bad, but I bought him because I wanted a black goldfish (call me a rebel) and I read on Koko's before I got him about fishes of the month and found out that black moors stay pretty much black their whole life, although Hitomi DOES have a silvery white belly, I can't help that, but i don't want to make it worse... are there any good goldfish foods I can give him that WON'T enhance his (gold) color?

I've not tried it yet, but I fully intend to when I use up all of the food I have now, but I've heard that Dainichi Goldfish Food is the best and it doesn't appear to be color-enhancing. Someone else correct me if that's incorrect.

We made gellfood of the non sinking no colour enhancing stuff. They love it, altough I've given a bit to much the first time. The fish didn't mind: "Look at that pile of breakfast :feedme " When I noticed it, I wanted to take the exess out, but then Fred saw reaching me into the water and started eating again with a look at me: "You are not planning on taking that away are you?" 3 sec later the 5 others joined her. And I let them eat. They gonna get 2 fast days to compensate though :D