I Really Need Help..

Tinkokeshi

Okay, so I really need some assistance in my homework for this education class I'm taking. I need at least 10 individuals to take the Student Reading Attitude and Interest Survey. If you could please copy the whole thing into an email and type in your replies perhaps in bold or a different color, that would be GREAT! You can send the email to me at aggietink@yahoo.com; please put Class Survey in the subject line... Thanks so much for helping out!

~Hsi Hou.

p.s. my homework is due on Sunday, so it would be great if I could get your reply by tomorrow or Saturday before 5 pm.

Student Reading Attitude and Interest Survey

Name:

Grade Level (i.e. high school freshman or college senior... if applicable):

Assign a rating of 1-4 (strongly disagree, disagree, agree, strongly agree) for each of the following statements:

(1) I enjoy going to the library.

(2) I hate reading.

(3) Reading is boring and a waste of my time.

(4) I think I'm a good reader.

(5) I like to listen to stories read to me.

(6) I like to read to others.

(7) I only read when the teacher makes me.

(8) I read even when I'm not in school.

(9) I am interested in reading books when I'm alone.

(10) Only nerds like to read.

Please provide an answer for each statement.

(1) My favorite kinds of books are ________________.

(2) The last book I read was _________________.

(3) My favorite thing to do in my free time is ___________________.

(4) My favorite TV show is __________________.

(5) When I grow up, I want to be a __________________.

(6) If I had a million dollars, I would __________________.

(7) If you are reading something that doesn't make sense, what can you do to help you understand?

(8) What makes someone a good reader?

(9) What makes someone a good writer?

(10) What's the most important thing about reading?

oh i forgot to mention that i won't share any of your information with anyone or use your names at all for the paper. i basically just need statistics and be able to relate it to age groups and gender.

it would also be nice if you post a reply in here letting me know that you sent me an email. :D

again, thanks soooooo very much y'all!

~hsihou.

:) i'm open to any input. so if you've got time debbie, i'd love to see your answers. :D

Done!! :happydance One thing that I didn't mention in the survey - was that I LOVE the Harry Potter series. I read them about twice a year. :rolleyes: They were 7 of the 10 books that I've read in the past 2 months. :D They are sooooo much better than the movies. Some people like to watch certain movies over and over... and I prefer to read those books over and over. I admit - I'm weird!! :rofl

Again, good luck!!!! :hug

Debbie

:) i'm open to any input. so if you've got time debbie, i'd love to see your answers. :D

Done!! :happydance One thing that I didn't mention in the survey - was that I LOVE the Harry Potter series. I read them about twice a year. :rolleyes: They were 7 of the 10 books that I've read in the past 2 months. :D They are sooooo much better than the movies. Some people like to watch certain movies over and over... and I prefer to read those books over and over. I admit - I'm weird!! :rofl

Again, good luck!!!! :hug

Debbie

Naah, you are not weird. I also regularly reread books, including the Harry Potter series, pride and prejudice, the diskworld series :D

btw Tinko: I have already send it to you. :)

Edited by Quasi

I've just sent you the survey too. As I'm a librarian, I say, "everyone get out there and read!" :D

With a bit of luck I may become one too :D

Good luck! It is a very rewarding job, and it is always good to see more people become librarians. :goodluck

wow thanks SOOO much y'all!

i appreciate the quick responses and the willingness to participate!

usually our assignments are papers with articles and books for resources so I was a bit taken aback that this weeks assignment required a survey!

i had gotten back from visiting my sisters in texas late wednesday night only to find i would need lots of input for this weeks homework.

what a pickle i'd put myself in!

again, i won't be including any names, ages or any personal information in my paper. it's just going to be used to identify any relationships or trends in reading habits between gender, age groups, education level, etc. :)

:group hug

did i mention that y'all are wonderful?!

thanks sooo very much!

with all y'alls surveys, i can get started on my paper and get it done before sunday.

YIPEE!! :D

I am not a student anymore, but I love to read!! :D

anette, i would love to include your answers as part of my survey. :)

i've gotten a few replies from individuals who are no longer students.

even though it's not part of the requirement, i think it would be nice to include input from people who have finished with education as well.

haha i will be asking daniel to fill out one of the surveys too. :D

Do you still need more?

Same question :) . And I was curious whether you'd share your results on this thread afterwards, I'd love to see them ;):D .

okay, so for those of y'all who aren't too interested in reading the whole paper, i included some tables and graphs in my paper to make the data a bit more presentable.

also this isn't exactly my best work hehe considering i did the whole thing today cuz i was in a rush to get it submitted before the deadline (midnight). anyway.. excuses, excuses.

for the part where i did findings based on age, i didn't want to leave anyone out, but there were some people who were the only ones in their age range, so there weren't any common findings. :(

y'all were still included in the tables at the top where findings were posted based on gender though.

again, thanks lots!

Note: i also realize this is a biased sample, but since school is out and i have no access to a group of students from the same area, i had to email friends and family (all of which are educated individuals with at least some college or beyond education.)

hmm okay, i just realized i can't attach my spreadsheet or my paper, so i guess i will email them to y'all.

i will email those of you who responded to the survey.

if you didn't participate, but you're interested in reading the paper or seeing the results of the survey, please feel free to PM me your email. ;)

again, no names were put on there save for daniel's, and since i'm not supposed to put personal communication on the reference sheet, i was unable to credit you guys anywhere in the paper. :(

Thanks SOOO very much though!