Can't Go Outside Today!

jsrtist

I am trapped indoors due to very bad air quality outside. It's well over 100 degrees today, which is typical, and our air quality is always terrible. But with the wildfires all over California, the smoky air gets trapped in the Valley here. It is like a giant bowl between two large mountain ranges where the air just sits, still and stagnant.

So they send out warnings for sensitive groups, people like me, with asthma and allgeries. I am on medication and still can hardly take a deep breath!! It is so frustrating. I am doing all I can to get out of this place within the next year. Over on the coast, there is constant cool, fresh air that comes in. I always feel perfectly fine when I go there. I never had respiratory problems till I moved here, either. It's so sad that so many people here just live with asthma and allergies.

Click on the pics in this link to see what our air looks like. :( Hope everyone else is breathing better!

http://www.bazallergy.com/newsite/media.htm

Yikes! Poor you, I can't imagine having that kind of air. I have asthma too so when I visit a big city even a little smog kills me, I'd be stuck inside if I were there for sure. I hope a good breeze comes soon to save you!

I have no problems here, but when we were in China it was pretty horrible.. The cold and the clouds kept the smog close to the ground, really irritated your nose and throat.

You remind me of choosing the perfect place to sit next to the fire, you have to predict where the smoke is going to go and not sit there :P You seem to have chosen the place right in the way of the wind coming from the fire!

Poor you. Do you have a nebulizer? Justin has severe asthma and has a machine he can breathe into when things are really bad. Its so awful that this is aside effect of "modernization".

Bless your heart... I hope that you can get moved soon so that you can get out of that smoky, smoggy mess! Those pictures are just awful!!!