And Life Goes On... Introducing Jackson (pic!)

So, my poor Leroy. Such a big, beautiful strong boy, zapped in such a short instant. Blue is back to pacing back and forth in front of the glass, looking and looking for Leroy, completely lost without his pal. Little tiny Peaches follows Blue everywhere like a little brother who idolizes his big brother. Anyway, Leroy will not be forgotten, but our love and quest for more goldies never stops, so I am here to introduce to you, Jackson, the calico ryukin. I threw around in my head probably a dozen names, all good, but still not sure on any one of them, when, sitting on the couch watching tv, it came to me. He looks like an abstract painting! So, there it was! It felt perfect! Jackson is named after Jackson Pollock, abstract painter of the 1930s-1950s. And he loves spinach! First child in the family who has! Compare for yourselves to see if Jackson is aptly named. Now, if Blue can only hold out 'til quarantine is done! (Sorry for the photo quality! I think Jackson is like Jackson Pollock in more than one way! Mr. Hyper gotta go, go, go! lol! He doesn't even look like a ryukin in this shot, but he is! I can't wait until my new camera comes!)

Jackson the Calico Ryukin andJackson5.jpg

Jackson Pollock Painting No. 8number8.jpg

Edited by lynda441

YAY new fish!!! Of course Leroy can't be replaced, but this will probably help ease the hurt a bit..

Aww poor Blue. I actually feel really bad that he is looking for Leroy... That is soo sad. The painting is such good inspiration for the name. I love it. And I like the name in general. Jackson is very handsome. Congrats on the new fish Lynda! : )

Oh, and the fins aren't at all shredded like the pic makes them look. That's that darn black striping! Every time I look at it I do a split second freakout and have to look close! But, they're fine, healthy fins.

WELL! In doing my little daily inspection of Jackson in his quarantine tank, I am very happy and proud to say that I named him correctly! Jackson is a boy! Being a calico and that his gills are white, it was very difficult to see, but there!, shining in just the right light at just the right angle were beautiful patches of stars on his gills and on his pectoral fins. It was actually the pec fins I noticed first and I went..."whaaa....!? What is that?!.... no, no it couldn't be!" But after more very careful, detailed looking, there they were! And of course, I did the libra thing and went, yeah, now wait... it could be ich... check the rest of the body... I looked for a very long time for ich spots on the body, but nope, none, they're stars! Not that I intend on breeding, but it's just nice to, one, know the sex and two, to be able to see stars. These were my very first in-person, real life stars! :bounce:pianobanana

Guest Tankgirl

=D He really does look like a Pollock! :heart

We should have a 'famous painters fish club' 'cos my Monet looks like a painting too. X3

I think that's what my mystery tank is going to be, you've sussed it for me! I had plans for a number of tanks, but I couldn't figure out a theme for the last one. Art. ^_^

He's such a beautiful fish (that I can see :teehee )

You better keep him under lock and key, else people will be coming round to steal him! D=

lol! I think Monet is beautiful! I can just picture your tank.... little tiny easels placed around the tank with little tiny paintings... lol!

Okay, you have to explain something to me! My hair stylists are British and they keep referring to each other as "sussie." Now you say I've "sussed" it for you. First, are these the same thing, and if they are, WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

Guest Tankgirl
lol! I think Monet is beautiful! I can just picture your tank.... little tiny easels placed around the tank with little tiny paintings... lol!

Okay, you have to explain something to me! My hair stylists are British and they keep referring to each other as "sussie." Now you say I've "sussed" it for you. First, are these the same thing, and if they are, WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

o.o; I have no idea, never heard that before! 'Sussed it' means 'figured it out' ...but I have no clue about 'sussies'.

*Looks it up* Hmmm...urbandictionary.com has a lot of entries for Sussie and Sussy...but none of them really seem to fit...unless they have an inside joke!

Edited by Tankgirl