Broken Fin?

Anic

I noticed earlier that Rowan's right fin is bent funny. It doesn't seem to affect her swimming and she's acting normally. I can't see any finny 'bones' sticking out and it's not discolored in any way.

Out of about 30 pics and 4 videos, I only got one decent pic and one ok vid.

Video:

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/Ani...nt=100_2199.flv

Rowanbrokenfin.jpg

Eratos tailfin is bent, too but it was that way when I got him/her. Is Rowan's fin broken?

Hmmmmmmm, it's hard to say. I've had fish with broken fins and often you can see the line of broken fin rays, but that would be more difficult with a white fish. Have you handled her recently?

Even if it is broken, it's nothing to really worry about, goldies tend to recover quite well from those injuries :)

I'm sorry about your babykins ]: Athena has a bent tailfin which actually curves up and in at the end, and a slightly bent armfinthing. The tailfin damage I am almost certain was due to her tail rot, it grew back and was curved. The bent fin at the front was from something else, what I am not sure, but I have my idea that it was an ammonia spike which did it. God knows why, but it appeared during a cycle crash when she was already very sick.

I hope that helps some!

My big comet used to sleep in the corner of the tank with her left pectoral find smushed up against the glass. Apparently it was really comfortable, but over the years she got a permanent bend in her fin. She always seemed to be able to swim okay, though. I would say it's not anything to worry about.

Chrissy, I haven't handled her recently. She'll tolerate it, but doesn't like it so I don't do it very often.

---

I checked on her this morning, and it looks more curvy now and less like a break. She's still swimmig just fine.

Thanks, guys!