Lol Goldfish Personalities

I lovveee the personalities goldies have, they're all so unique and different. Just looking over at my tank, it's funny how Athena can spend all day at the side of the tank begging and whirling around trying to get my attention for some food, while Echo is off doing his own thing, tearing up the plants, messing around with the filter output, pushing Athena out of the way every once in a while, re-arranging rocks...Did I mention tearing up his plants...just to tear them up. I don't even think he eats them. :bat:

He's like the little aggresor, he'll nip my arm when its in the tank. But Athena's off in lala land drifting around like "Ohhhhh no, no, there is not a giant arm in my tank. :rolleyes: "

Do you guys have stereotype/personalities for your fishies?

Yes!! :D

They have such little personalities. My guys are really different. George likes to cruise around and 'patrol', he checks to make sure the bubbles are still there, the plants are nicely torn up, etc etc. While Fred is on a never ending quest for food, he's been that way since I got him. If he's not shoving the rocks around madly, he's picking at the (empty) veggie clip. :heart

• Admin

I have an aray of different personalities in my tank :lol

Mongo likes to swim by himself unless its feeding time.

Tango likes to get into everything and will push others out when food comes in to the tank.

Hotlips she likes to go to the top of the tank and look down on everyone, tries to get the food out of eveyones mouths.

Patches well shes just a little pig, picking up everything, swims around alot and wiggles in front of me all the time.

Its neat to watch them grow up and change personalities.

Guest trebor

My fantail Fred likes to swim in repeat formations sometimes for hours at a time... they can get quite complicated: he might swim back and forth once, then up over the internal filter, then side to side, before he repeats this again, and again, and again. only stopping when you approach the tank (then begs for food) once you walk away he goes back to his routine... :nana He likes to add bits or change routines completely but will repeat these additions or changes in sequence... So much for no memory!!

:why:

R

Picking at the empty veggie clip?! :rofl If he's not a forward guy about food, then I don't know who would be. Trebor, I happen to think Goldfish do remember things well. That's really neat, that he knows his routines! That oughta prove something to people who think goldfish are dumb, forgetful creatures. Forgiving might just be the word for those people. :no: [: Koko, patches sounds just like Athena! and Tango definitely sounds like my little echo, those dominant personalities!

All my fish have their own personalities and quirks, but my favorite quirk is one of Chickey's: when the other fish are pigging out and stuffing their mouths full of the food that I am dropping in the tank, Chickey grabs one small piece and swims away to the other end of the tank to eat in peace while the other three jostle each other to get the last morsel. He/ She does it every time!!!

All my fish have their own personalities and quirks, but my favorite quirk is one of Chickey's: when the other fish are pigging out and stuffing their mouths full of the food that I am dropping in the tank, Chickey grabs one small piece and swims away to the other end of the tank to eat in peace while the other three jostle each other to get the last morsel. He/ She does it every time!!!

:rofl Fantastic. :rofl Chickey sounds so much like my Quasi. Quasi daintily pics up a one piece of food, calmly munches on it, swallows and then she looks for the next piece. My other fish just stuff themselves as much as possible and then much for minutes :blink: .

Godzilla is the biggest fish in the tank (4.5 inch body length) is very gentle and so easily scared. Godzilla's rule of what to do in case of emergency in the tank: Hide Under The Filter. Really Fast. :hide: Most of the time everyone follows her except Quasi as she probably just found an exquisite piece of algae, and she never runs, she makes haste :rofl

Guest Orandaa

Mine definitely have personalities too :D

Dusty and Pistol Pete stay together and swim together and rub against each other a lot..

Garrisen is kind of a loner sometimes, he looks like he tries to hang out with Dusty and Pistol Pete but they kinda just swim away and he gets lonely :(

And my new lionhead Barkley is still just exploring the tank!

They all have big appetites except Garrisen, he doesnt eat nearly as much as the others. When I open the lid to feed them, Dusty and Pistol Pete swim right to the top and start bobbing their heads above the water until I feed them :P And Pistol Pete will eat anything, and wont stop til theres none left! Hes a hungry guy!

Edited by Orandaa

I love the different personlities! Newt and Rocko my lionheads used to hang out together all day long, but now Newties is gone :( but she USED to be the most dominant one in the tank! This itty itty 1.5 inch lionhead chasing around and nibbling my 6" commons tail, never any real trouble though. the big guy Hale Bop is the worst begger but gets kicked out of the way first, and Rocko and the other common Hailey push him away. silly fishes!

Guest Orandaa

My brand new lionhead, Barkley, will swim right up to the surface if you dip your finger in the water and he'll give it kisses til you take it out :P Sometimes my ryukins swim against my finger as if they're rubbing it almost like a cat does to your leg :P

My ranchu Raiden is the greediest, he'll snatch everyone's food, the one with most personality...

My bubblehead black Veronica is the girl in the tank, at least I'd like to think so... I saw Raiden bump her stomach once although I've never seen again,... is the feminine one... she's shy and prefers to eat food by herself not fed by my fingers... she moves delicately... she's very hesitant to grab anything off my hand, unless when she's really hungry... :D

Finally the biggest fish in the tank, Big Guy, is the lemonhead oranda that sits on the bottom all day unless there's food.

Guest Lorelei

HAHAHAHAHAHA! reading about all your fishies makes me so happy!

Mad Eye is my 'disabled' (one-eyed) goldfish. i am waiting for my tank to cycle so i can put him in a 'real' tank where he can really show off his personality, but he is so weird sometimes!

when i got him a bubble wand and stuck it diagonally against the back wall (it's a tiny tank), he was sooo perplexed. he kept trying to get behind it, and everytime he would fail, he'd look at it all :hmm , and then would look at me as if to say, 'why are you doing this to me :help:' :-P

also he 'kisses' my fingertips whenever i put them in the water, it makes me so happy even though i know he probably just thinks my hands are food :rofl

Guest Lorelei
Mine definitely have personalities too :D

Dusty and Pistol Pete stay together and swim together and rub against each other a lot..

Garrisen is kind of a loner sometimes, he looks like he tries to hang out with Dusty and Pistol Pete but they kinda just swim away and he gets lonely :(

And my new lionhead Barkley is still just exploring the tank!

OMG poor Garrisen! i hope he and Barkley make friends!! i feel so sad for him. :(

OK its an old vid i made awhile ago, but i think it fits in perfectly here, :)

enjoy (i hope lol)

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee183/m...gallthetime.flv

LMAO THIS VIDEO MADE ME DIE (of laughter, of course!). IT WAS JUST SO PERFECT.

OK its an old vid i made awhile ago, but i think it fits in perfectly here, :)

enjoy (i hope lol)

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee183/m...gallthetime.flv

OMG this is hilaroise and so true...

so we have all agreed that goldfish are not boring right? lol

Mine have no personalities. They swim, they eat, they poop and sleep. Thats about it. But I do really enjoy having living works of art in my home right next to my computer desk.

This is fun!! Big Boy, who I have had forever & is the star of my tank.....and seems to know this! He will swim thru a group of the others when I am at the tank as if he thinks "I AM the star & you others are mere FISH!" LOL!! Spot is a big ole white Common (his spot is long gone!) He loves to really bang around sometimes & is always missing a few scales! He 'job" is the patrol the length of the tank......very often! I THINK Patch is my resident plant puller....but I am not completely certain he is alone in this hobby. Yin, my fat Lionhead I think was a SUMO Wrestler in his past life. He likes his back corner of the tank & does not appreciate anyone else occupying it if he choses to go for a swim! Buster (recently back to health) is back to his puttering around.....he has always reminded me of a little cartoon helicopter going here & there! And I don't know why but little Cindy Lou reminds me of an old soul......she has a bit of an old time hollywood star about her. I think if she could speak she would have a southern drawl!!

Edited by Jeana727

Guest Katherine

Aww, all your fishies have such the personalities :] Mine are like that too.

January: He's the oldest and he's kind of like an old reliable dog. He's pretty much always hovering inside of this big buddha I have in the tank, and only comes out to eat or nibble my fingers when I'm messing around with things in the tank.

Sylvia: She's the second oldest and is very stand-offish, kind of like she feels that she's way cooler than the other fish :rolleyes:

Dolly: She follows Sylvia around EVERYWHERE, even though she never gets any attention from her. She also likes to follow January around, like the little sister of the tank.

Apollo: I think he's kind of insecure because he has a wonky tailfin and seriously underdeveloped eyes for a black moore. He basically just likes to float around by himself.