Peaches

MACBOOK96

also.... can they eat canned carrots and canned things

Guest Spanky_

I doubt it. Would be very difficult for them to operate the can opener.

anything fresh and washed ..stay away from canned fruits and veggies they contain salt ,refined sugar and other additives that can harm your fish ..I give mine sliced oranges,kiwi,steamed asparagus ends.peas,grapes peasches ,bananas( only once a month)...they are high in sugar...tomatoes ,and broccili

If you get the low sodium kind canned vegetables work well because they sink better than fresh or frozen.

ok just checking thanks ok heres my planned recipe: (haven't tested it with Harold) fresh carrots, peas, top fin goldfish flakes, grapes, peaches, and non flavored geleton. please post for suggestions

ok just checking thanks ok heres my planned recipe: (haven't tested it with Harold) fresh carrots, peas, top fin goldfish flakes, grapes, peaches, and non flavored geleton. please post for suggestions

Are you planning on mixing this together as a gel food? I think Harold will prefer something fishy-tasting in the gel food recipe. You can use canned tuna or anchovies, whirred together in the blender with the peas and carrots. Then add the gelatin mixed in a small amount of hot water and stirred until clear. Then feed the fruit as a separate snack. If you search the site for "gel food" you will get a few different recipes.

How is Harold feeling today? Is his popeye getting better?

ok I will not put the fruits in there just the peas and carrots and I will get some canned tuna and.... sadely Harold didn't make it :cry1

Are you planning on mixing this together as a gel food? I think Harold will prefer something fishy-tasting in the gel food recipe. You can use canned tuna or anchovies, whirred together in the blender with the peas and carrots. Then add the gelatin mixed in a small amount of hot water and stirred until clear. Then feed the fruit as a separate snack. If you search the site for "gel food" you will get a few different recipes.

How is Harold feeling today? Is his popeye getting better?

I thought about using canned tuna once, but it has salt in it, so does anchovies. So, I don't know how much salt is in those, but, again, look out for foods with additives like salt or sugar. But, I agree, the food has to have a nice, stinky fishy smell! mmmm! Steam your hard veggies like the carrots, broccoli, etc. I've used organic baby food without salt. Already nice and creamed up for you.

Awww.... and I'm sooooo sorry about Harold. He was a cutie. :cry:tou

Edited by lynda441