Goldfishnet.com Auction Uppdate --- They're Here!

They arrived this morning right on time. They are gorgeous and seem to have made the trip ok. Hopefully they are as healthy as they look. I took a couple of pics and a video.

Black Velvet - Pics

bvelvet_0001a.jpg

bvelvet_0001e.jpg

Skye - Pics

bvelvet_0001b.jpg

bvelvet_0001d.jpg

Video

th_BlackVelvetandSkye.jpg

Kathy

AHHHHHH how exciting Kathy... They are perfect!! I am so so so so jealous... I love the names!

Second, you know how I liked your tanks and used them for inspiration? Well it's funny because I finally have no gravel left in any of my tanks.. I did the last tank WITHOUT remembering the color choices you had picked out, and guess what? It's dark blue and white! It's Angel's QT Tank... Kathy how does it feel to have your own personal "Single White Female??" copying your every tank move. LOL That's what I feel like.. lol

AngelQTTank5.jpg

They are beautiful fish and seem to like each other already!

Although your fish do not appear to be shy, I found that the fish I got from Tommy took a while to acclimate to aquarium life. I actually went to his place to pick out my fish, so I got to see where he keeps them. They are outdoors in his backyard in one of four pools that are about 14' x 7' x 3' deep. There's lots of algae in the pools and filter current only in one small place in the corner where the big pipe dumps water out. I suspect that they were in a similar environment in China before he imported them.

I found that one of my fish from Tommy seemed to take about two weeks to acclimate to the filter current in my tank. Also, they all seemed happier with the light off for the first few days.

BTW -- be sure to treat for flukes. Although I don't have a microscope so I am not able to make a definitive diagnosis, my fish from Tommy's perked up a ton after I treated them with prazi, which tends to suggest to me that they were carrying flukes.

Enjoy your fish!

Thanks everybody! I was happy to see that they looked as good in "real life" as they did in their pics. No lumps,bumps,contusions,spots or frayed fins.

Acupunk, they don't appear to be fussed at all. Started swimming around checking things out right away. Were looking for food so fed them just a little and they scarfed it up and are now searching the bottom in case they missed something. It's all they are getting for now. The light doesn't seem to be bothering them but do you think I should leave it off for a few days? I already have Prazi Pro in the tank and salt at .01%. Will be increasing that for the next two days till it reaches .03%. Will be watching them very closely. I'm praying I don't run into what you did with Pepper. I've never had fish shipped before so if anyone has suggestions for their care, please let me know.

Sue,I'm flattered, lol, but a mite embarrassed as well. :blush: I love what you've done with Angel's tank!

Kathy

OMG! How absolutely gorgeous! It's like CHRISTMAS!!!! :alc :nana:tbanana:hi5:pianobanana:greenbanana::redbanana:

Acupunk, they don't appear to be fussed at all. Started swimming around checking things out right away. Were looking for food so fed them just a little and they scarfed it up and are now searching the bottom in case they missed something. It's all they are getting for now. The light doesn't seem to be bothering them but do you think I should leave it off for a few days? I already have Prazi Pro in the tank and salt at .01%. Will be increasing that for the next two days till it reaches .03%. Will be watching them very closely. I'm praying I don't run into what you did with Pepper. I've never had fish shipped before so if anyone has suggestions for their care, please let me know.

Tommy keeps his pools at 0.3% salt, so you can go up to that level immediately if you want to (although you risk shocking your filter bacteria if you do). Based on what I learned with Pepper I would turn off the light and let them have some peace and quiet for a few days. They are in bright sunlight at Tommy's, but it is not the same as being in a glass tank with an artificial light overhead with people peering at you. I am sure that they will settle in just fine, but it gives them extra resources to get really healthy during QT if you do everything that you can to minimize their stress. BTW, Tommy is giving me full credit toward another fish purchase because Pepper died. He doesn't formally guarantee the fish, but he seems to be eager to keep customers happy, so that is good.

Tommy keeps his pools at 0.3% salt, so you can go up to that level immediately if you want to (although you risk shocking your filter bacteria if you do). Based on what I learned with Pepper I would turn off the light and let them have some peace and quiet for a few days. They are in bright sunlight at Tommy's, but it is not the same as being in a glass tank with an artificial light overhead with people peering at you. I am sure that they will settle in just fine, but it gives them extra resources to get really healthy during QT if you do everything that you can to minimize their stress. BTW, Tommy is giving me full credit toward another fish purchase because Pepper died. He doesn't formally guarantee the fish, but he seems to be eager to keep customers happy, so that is good.

Kristen - I did go ahead and turn their light off earlier when you first suggested it. The Oranda has been on the go all day. You can tell he's not used to such a confined space. Poor guy just gets going when he hits the end of the tank. He's learning to brake sooner tho'. Think he will be happier once he can go into the 75 gallon where there's more swim room. The Telescope was pretty active at first but is now alternating between swimming around and settling in a quiet spot. She does a lot of chewing I'm noticing even tho' there is nothing in there to be eating. If I go over to the tank they both come begging for food. Neither one appears to be skittish. I went out today and bought another bottle of the Prazi Pro just to be sure I had enough on hand for a full course on them. Think I'll go ahead and bring the salt up gradually if you think that's ok. Any help/suggestions to make this as easy for them (and me,lol) as possible are greatly appreciated.

I'm very glad that Tommy is being so good about what happened with poor Pepper. It eases my mind a good deal to see that he is reputable after all.

Kathy