Sign in to follow this  
Debi0825

New Pond

Stunning !!!! :heart ..looks like a lot of heart and hard work was put into your pond thanks for sharing :D

Thank you. The pond does require a lot of work but I love it. We've had it for 5 years and I still love to go out and just watch the fish.

Stunning !!!! :heart ..looks like a lot of heart and hard work was put into your pond thanks for sharing :D

Thank you. The pond does require a lot of work but I love it. We've had it for 5 years and I still love to go out and just watch the fish.

It is very, very nice. My compliments. Would you tell me about the plants you have in and around the pond?

Oliver

Always so beautiful!

And so many fish! :D

It is very, very nice. My compliments. Would you tell me about the plants you have in and around the pond?

Oliver

I'm not sure about most of the plants around the pond as my MIL gave me clippings of some of her plants and they have just gone nuts. For floating plants I have water lettuce, hyacinths, duck weed and parrot feather. In pots on the Koi side is Taro and some plant from Florida my mom brought up. In the lower side I have Yellow Primrose, Water Iris, some sort of grass abd Lizard Tail in pots.

I love the multi-level pond, very creative!!! Really nice work.

How does the Pearlscale do with the single-tailed fishes?

I love the multi-level pond, very creative!!! Really nice work.

How does the Pearlscale do with the single-tailed fishes?

She does fine. I bring her in for the winter because she wouldn't survive our cold temps adn snow. I used to have Oranda's in there with her but the last one died this spring. .

Thanks for posting!! I remembered I have always loved your pond. You have such beautiful fish and I'm especially jealous of how nice all your plants look in there. I can't keep mine alive for anything. :P

Thanks for posting!! I remembered I have always loved your pond. You have such beautiful fish and I'm especially jealous of how nice all your plants look in there. I can't keep mine alive for anything. :P

Thank you so much. I honestly think part of the key to my plants is that I bring all the potted ones in for the winter with grow lights and they do really well. Do your plants just die? Have you tried using the pond plant tabs? I put them in the dirt every 6 months.

It's just too hot here for the hyacinth and other things to survive. :( I do have a dwarf papyrus that's doing well at the moment, though.