New Food

MACBOOK96

ok i have a question for everyone their are no wrong answers but i want to know what you guys feed your fish since i wanna start making Harold food. i have read a lot of recipes and im a pretty good cook but i need something thats not.... like i need something a 12-14 year old would be capable to make. and if you are making goldfish food could i mix Harold's regular food with it?

Guest Isilme

You can put prepaid made fishfood into your own mix. This way you can use food that's good quality, but won't sink for example.

Gel food is just about the easiest thing there is to make. First, there are no rules. Just mix in anything you can think of that a goldfish might like. Steam vegetables. Liquefy anything that might be chunky in a food processor or blender. Below is a link to Koko's Gel Food Recipes. I vary the directions a little bit. After I've mixed up my concoction of foods, I mix in a packet of unflavored gelatin and heat it in the microwave until it's nice and hot, but just short of boiling. Then pour it in a wide, flat container and in the fridge it goes to set up. Just remember, you're not feeding an army here so you should have about a cup's worth of food. If you make too much, i.e., more than what will be used in a week (it will go bad because it is real food), cut it up into sections and freeze. Then you can take a section out as needed. The other cool trick I discovered is using a garlic press to feed the gel food. So much easier that chopping the food into little pieces. Just cut a chunk of gel food, place it in the garlic press and, squish! Cut off the gel food "worms" with a knife and your fish have perfect bite sized bits of food.

Koko's Gel Food Recipes

ok thanks i will test a few recipes with Harold He's the ulmtimate judge!