Beefheart Mix For Goldfish

Guest trebor

Guest trebor

Hi,

I'm new to this forum... I just got 2 new small Ranchus yesterday to keep my large fantail happy in a 30 gal tank.. I am now completly obsessed with these little cuties!!

I keep discus (in a seperate tank obviously) which I feed a homemade beefheart mix, ingredients: beef heart, white ocean fish, salmon, prawns, spinach, peas, carrot, spirulina, tropical fish flake, tetra colour bits, krill... I think that's about it.. It is a high protein, high vitamin diet suitable for Discus, would this be good for my goldies too??

I look forward to getting to know you all..

Robert

I haven't ever tried beef heart, but the rest, white ocean fish, salmon, prawns, krill, spinach, peas, carrot, spirulina sounds like a great food to feed to goldies, so don't nix all of them because of the beef heart.

Guest trebor

Thanks Lynda,

I think I'm going to give a gel mix a try... just leaving out the beefheart...

BTW I'm guessing that freeze dried blackworms should be good for goldies too??

R :goldfish:

Sure! Black worms too!

I wouldn't use the beef heart. I was told not to (on another board) because of some health reasons to the fish. To be safe, stick with fish and seafood. :) I was told it was okay for other fish but not goldies.

I used to make my own beefheart mix for my discus too. One thing I know for sure is feeding beefheart would pollute the water quickly. So if you want to feed them to your GF anyway, then large water changes are required and w/c preferrably carry out after the feeding.